Hurt (GaLty)

For Broken_Flame who seems to have an endless amount of ideas for these prompts 

Kid!fic :3

John bit his lip to stop it from trembling. The boys who had sneered at him when they pushed him down in the street strolled off, talking loudly amongst themselves. Angry and confused tears stung at John's eyes as he crawls away from the street to sit on the curb. Both his knees and palms are cut and bloody from the street's rough surface, riddled with glass. 

"Are you okay?" A voice says, and John looks up. He hadn't even noticed the younger boy walk up. 

"I'm fine," John says, trying to sound snappish but even in his own ears he sounded pathetic. The other boy frowns, but says, "My name's Anthony. What's yours?" 

"I'm John," he says, suspiciously looking at Anthony. "Are you here to bully me, too?"

Anthony looked horrified. "No, no, my mother would spank me if I ever spoke badly about someone. Much less to their face."

John wrinkles his nose slightly, "You talk like an adult." 

Anthony frowns again and crosses his arms, "Sorry for trying to be nice." 

"Sorry," John echoes, and he feels flustered and guilty for being mean. Anthony just sighs, "Do you want my help or not?" 

"It would be nice," John admits. "I'm a little messy." 

Anthony offers a small grin to him, "My mom can help you." 

John grins back, standing a little shakily. "Okay."