I've Been Sitting In The Bottom Of A Swimming Pool for Awhile Now (Ryvier)

Drowning my thoughts out.

They found him early in the morning,his body blue and cold to the touch,body floating and eyes dead as coals. They weren't the soft green he remembered. Now they stared lifelessly into the void behind cold eyelids. He's dressed in black,head to toe,contrasting the still faintly blue boy in a white tux,whose mother sobs and father grieves.

He leaves the eulogy to someone who knows him a little less than he does,and he leaves before they lower the coffin in the ground. He couldn't bear to watch his lavender seeing beloved disappear,swallowed up by the ground.

He thinks about covering the swimming pool in their backyard. His backyard now. But he delays. He can't bring himself to get anywhere near it. He covers the glass sliding doors with blankets to avoid seeing it. He got sick of waking up after nightmares to get a drink and having a heart attack thinking he could see a body floating in the water. Ginger hair splayed out like a halo,floating around his angel's head,making him look serene. Green eyes watching him,scarily on point despite seeing nothing.

He stops talking to his therapist. He takes the blanket down. His friends call him multiple times. It's the day his angel was taken from him back to the clouds where he belonged. He had never believed in God before he was sent the ginger,broken beauty. But now he's lying a crown of black roses riddled with lavender on the grave with a whispered promise of requited love.

He doesn't bother undressing out of his thick cloak and boots. It's February. It's too sunny outside for such a grim day. The water is freezing as it swallows the light. His head sinks with the rest of him,but his thoughts leave,floating on the surface. His legs cross under him. His clothes stop him from surfacing. His vision gets a little blurry. If he was above the surface,he'd be crying. Underneath the water,his sobs are silent.

He thinks he hears a voice,and instinctively turns to find it. Green eyes stare at him. Ginger hair floods his vision.

Suddenly there's air in his lungs-a fever dream. He coughs up mucky water onto the sidewalk bordering the pool's edge. It terrifies him-still just a hallucination. The water is still blurring his eyes. But then there's hands- gentle,soft,familiar planes of skin. Lips press against his,tasting of peppermint and Earl Grey. His heart throbs as the smell of pine rushes into his nose. He breathes in the scent,like it's the oxygen he needs to survive,and buries his fingers in bright ginger hair as vivid as the day they pulled him from the depths of the pool.

"Welcome home,"

Is the soft response he gets,and a soft smile curls on his face. The world tips upside down,and he can see his blonde hair fan out around him as his lungs submit to the water pressing in everywhere. The last of his oxygen bubbles out.

The last thing he sees is green. Green as rich as meadow grass. He's content,his lavender angel by his side.

He lets go,and lets himself be dragged up out of the water by the face plaguing his dreams in the most desired way. He's separate from the body floating on the surface of the pool's water. He's in the arms of his love,and that's all that matters.