Tongue Piercings and Asthma Attacks (FINAL) (TehChaos)

His breathing is all too fast, he instinctively reaches for his inhaler. He threw that thing out years ago. His eyes are watering and his heart is in his throat. His hands are trembling and his stomach is doing figurative acrobatic exercises. A rush of endorphins and adrenaline have his thoughts buzzing, thrumming with energy. He wants to fall to his knees and cry, but also climb the tallest mountain and laugh until his sides hurt.

Anthony's looking at him in concern, and John can't stand that look on him, so he kisses him. The velveteen box falls to the floor, and the little weight on John's ring finger makes his body sing as Anthony picks him up and carries him to the bedroom. The silver band on his finger makes him so happy, and it steals his breath just as effectively as an asthma attack, but no where close to how Anthony could steal his breath.

Anthony's chest is tight, and he feels like he's gonna pass out. Briefly he wonders if this is how John felt every time he had an asthma attack. It feels suffocating, listening to the man talk. All he can focus on is John, though. The male is wearing a handsome tuxedo and is beaming at Anthony like he's his entire world, his sun. It makes Anthony's face grow hot when he realises this. His sister is somewhere in the crowd of people watching, crossing her fingers that Anthony cries because she has thirty bucks betting on that between her and her girlfriend.

And then John is speaking and Anthony thinks he is gonna cry. Beautiful, heartfelt words coming from those lips is all that Anthony needs to die happy. His own vows spill from him like water when it's his time, and they're both in joyous tears when he finishes.

The rest of the words spoken pass by in a blur for both of them, but Anthony damn sweeps John off his feet and kisses him when he hears You may kiss the groom. The silly tongue piercing that Anthony always had referred to as a highschool mistake still made John shiver as it clicked against his teeth. For that moment, they are the centre of each other's universes that is full of tongue piercings and momentary asthma attacks.

They couldn't be happier.

They lay languidly in their bed the next morning, fingers laced together as sunlight caught the silver surface of matching wedding bands, reflecting gentle beams onto the ceiling. John is spooned against Anthony's chest, getting ready to doze back off, and Anthony could spend his eternity here.