One-sided Attraction and a Winter Dance (PewdieCry)

It had started off simply enough. Felix asked him to help him with something during Math. Since Cry was his best friend,naturally he agreed. He listened patiently as Felix rattled off this master plan to make this boy in his class jealous. Cry didn't mind it,since it would just be helping Felix out. Mess around,be touchy-feely,call each other sappy pet names. Easy.

Except it took longer than expected for the boy Felix had his eye on to notice them. Even longer to spark a reaction from him. By then,their highschool was hosting a winter dance. And like an idiot, Cry had managed to fall head over heels by a boy who wasn't even looking in his direction. He couldn't help how holding hands and little names spurred little flurries of his heart. How the little brush of lips against his cheek during lunch and between classes made his face flush every time. So when Felix called and asked him to come with him to the winter dance,the faux act they were putting up slipped his mind.

He showed up on time in a nice suit and a navy blue tie with silver highlights. His mother thought it made him look charming. So of course he'd wear it. Felix was equally as breathtaking,turning several heads. Something odd twisted in his stomach at this. But when Felix approached him and put his hands on Ryan's slight waist, the brunet was sure he found heaven.

"Thanks for helping me keep up the appearance," Felix's words are low and secret in Ryan's ear. His heart shatters but he masks it with a smile. Louder enough for closer people to hear,Felix murmurs, "You look stunning."

But Ryan already has remembered the words are hollow. His spell is broken. His carriage is a withered pumpkin. A slow song starts and couples drift to each other to start dancing with each other. Felix squeezes Ryan's hand,his other on the shorter's hip. Ryan can't meet his gaze directly,head bowed slightly. When he finally looks up,though, Felix's eyes are trained on that boy. That odd feeling unfurls into an ugly beast of jealously. He wants to be the centre of those blue eyes' attention. He knows he never will be.

When the dance is over,Felix doesn't even say goodbye,just goes chasing off after that boy. Ryan walks home. Later that night,after he's done crying and avoiding his mother's questions with polite answers, his friend Russ calls him. Eyes red, voice wrecked,they talk late into the night. Eventually they trade off to Skype so that Jund and 'Snake' can comfort him. Jund aggressively cracks his knuckles when Russ quietly says he saw Felix with his hand down the other boy's pants in the parking lot after the party. Snake offers to kill the other boy and the others make up violent fantasies of getting revenge for Cry. The brunet can't help but laugh brokenly the more ridiculous they get. He thanks them,and signs off for the night.

The next day,Felix is holding hands with the boy. Cry learns his name is Ken. He can hear the other students whispering about it. More than a few of them turn to look at him. He sits in the back of the classroom and sharpies little words and designs on his arms. He watches them,when he sees them. Little intimacies they share in the hallways that Ryan wanted for himself to lock away in his ribcage so he could fawn over them when he was alone. He sighs as he puts stuff back in his locker,trying to ignore the kissing pair only a few lockers away from him.

Russ sidled up to him,and rubs his back,before rambling on about a new game,pulling him off to their next class. Jund and Snake join them along the way,Snake throwing glares over his shoulder at Felix and Ken. Cry supposed he will eventually get over it. What's teen love anyways? Nothing serious, he tells himself as he laughs half heartedly with his friends.