Pumpkins (MaskedMexican)

This is for WolfsEcho
Hope you enjoy :3

They went shopping for pumpkins four days before Halloween. Ohm cheerfully picked out small and large pumpkins alike, plopping them into the shopping cart that Max dutifully pushed around the supermarket. They picked up a new carving kit, and were soon at the checkout lane. It was a bit of a hassle, and the cashier kept shooting them weird looks, but Ohm's happiness easily distracted Max from it.

When they get home, Tyro is happy to see them, barking loudly and charging into their shins. He thinks he's a big dog, yet to realise he's cursed as the size of a small lab for the rest of his life. He runs ahead of them before doubling back and yipping the entire trip to the kitchen, making Ohm giggle, which consequently makes Max's heart warm.

Tyro likes to bake with them. By them, Max means him. Ohm can't cook for shit. So Max is always the one behind the pies and the brownies that Ohm gorges himself on, and can get away with due to his crazy metabolism. Max just appreciates the fact that Ohm likes his food. As Max bakes a batch of said brownies, Tyro barks happily around Max's ankles, licking them as he runs in circles. He falls over a few times, dizzy and lying with his belly exposed for a few seconds before getting up and doing it again.

Ohm carved his pumpkins while Max baked and made late lunch for them. Ohm was always the more artistic one out of them, which suited the graphic designer. Max himself was a helper in the flower shop downtown.

Ohm's pumpkins are always beautifully carved, with precise details and clever placement of candles making them glow just right. They've always been the envy of the neighbours and their kids. It amuses them, and if the kids ask nicely enough, Ohm will send them home with a pumpkin for each household, and Max will give them a basket of brownies. They're lucky to have such good neighbours, Max reflects aloud, after they got done with all the routinely kids.

Ohm smiles warmly at him, and nods. "Very lucky."

"I'm lucky to have you, mi luna," Max will tell him softly when they're snuggled under blankets in their bed, Tyro curled in the space between their loosely entwined legs. "My darling little pumpkin carver."

Ohm giggles, and he kisses Max sweetly, the taste of Max's brownies still on his tongue.