Cut (TehFawkes)

For @8BitArcade, sorry it's late, family matters and such got in the way. For everyone else who commented ones, they're coming up soon.

He's only three cuts in when Tom bursts into his house yelling his name. He vaguely remembers giving Tom his front door key in case he ever did anything stupid, or if Tom ever needed a place to stay. He shoves his knuckles between his teeth to quiet his hitching sobs, taking  a couple frantic inhales to calm himself. It takes Tom only four seconds to get to the bathroom, which is across the house, opening the door like he wanted to fling it open. John looks up, his eyes red and puffy and his arm cut in three spots that beaded slowly with blood. Shallow cuts, because John could never really get far enough to do anything deeper, something either distracting him, or the tears blurring his vision so much so that he couldn't see clearly. Tom approaches him, gently taking the razorblade from him. John was grateful for the tenderness because he didn't think he could take more yelling. Tom quietly rummaged around in the shelf  next to the sink, trying to find the kit that John kept up there. 

When he did find it, he gingerly swabs over the cuts with an antibacterial pad from the small box. When John flinched at the small sting of pain, Tom gently rubbed circles against the male's inner wrist with his thumb. Tom found a band-aid patch that was large enough to cover all of the cuts and tenderly smoothed it over them. John's sobs had subsided to gentle, hiccuping breaths when he finished, and he kindly led John back to his bed. When he lay him down and turned the lights down low, he softly says, "You know I'm always here for you."  

John sniffles quietly, turning his face away as he flushed pink from guilt. Tom gave a sad smile and turned to leave, but was stopped when John hesitantly goes, "C-can--Will you stay?" 

Tom's smile warms and the blond male comes back over to sit on the edge of the mattress. John immediately gravitated towards him, curling slightly so his head rested on Tom's thigh. Tom combs fingers through John's dark hair endearingly, smoothing down the sections that were sticking up. "I'll stay if that's what you want." 

John nods and he noses at Tom's leg lightly before meekly asking, "Ca-...Can you cuddle me?" 

Tom's smile is gentle, unwavering. "Of course." 

He toes his shoes off, and shrugs out of his jacket, setting his folded glasses on the nightstand before he lay down. John scooted closer, squeezing himself into the space under Tom's raised arm. Even as his eyelids fell shut he feebly mumbled out a drowsy, "TehCuddly strikes again." 

Tom laughs, quiet so he doesn't disturb John, stroking a hand through his hair. 

Sometime during the night, the loose cuddling turns to spooning, and when Tom wakes up with John tucked against his chest, with the most serene look on his face, the blond doesn't even mind the fact that John also stole all of the blankets.