Survival (TehChaos)

Sequel to the Vampire/Hunter verse because I have a good plotline in mind :3 

For cosmic-kyo 

Enjoy 

They're at it again. Anthony's got a blade to his throat and he's got manifested claws digging into the hunter's arms. Blood rolls down their skin in rivulets and teeth are bared as they growl at each other. John tensed when Anthony dug the blade a little deeper, and he shoves the hunter off of him, immediately rolling to straddle his hips so he can wrap his hands around the man's throat, eyes glittering red. There's a moment of Anthony glaring him down as his breaths get wheezy, the knife clattering out of his hands. A few seconds go by before Anthony finally relented, gasping, "Alright, you got me, you got me!" 

John releases the hunter, the claws disappearing, leaving behind them a rancid stench of blood and smoke. The vampire holds a hand out to him when he stands, but the hunter pushed it out of the way, standing up on his own. A smirk tugs the corner of John's mouth upward, as Anthony disdainfully brushed dirt and ash off his jacket. Fierce caramelised eyes find his as the hunter sneers, "I won't hesitate to end you next time, beast." 

"Ooh, name calling now? You said that last time, love," John teases. He dodges the hunter's right hook and chuckles. The vampire puts his hands in his hoodie pocket, tugging the hood up as the rising sun starts to show over the tops of the small town buildings. 

Anthony watches him go and frowns to himself as he forces himself to turn and go on his own way. Their game was one of survival, biting and clawing at each other's throats, making each other bleed. The hunter absently rubbed at the claw marks divoting his skin at his throat, unintentionally smearing blood across his flesh. When he draws his fingers away and sees the crimson sheen, he simply flicks his tongue over it curiously. He immediately cringed at the rustic taste and wiped his hand on his jeans. Disgusting. How John found it appealing was beyond him.