Agent Signing OFF (ChilledMexican)

Very James Bond inspired. James Bond and Q, actually. Enjoy!

The explosion was silence followed by a sound so loud it left ringing in Anthony's ears. HIs earpiece rattled with static as quiet settled over the area as the smoke and dust cleared. 

"Max?!" 

He cries out through the comms, but there isn't a response. 

The extraction crew doesn't find him either. Felix is furious that they lost one of their best agents. Anthony and his Crew are introduced to their new agent. Anthony works with him, but he's not Max. His name's Adam. He doesn't last long before they're introduced to a new one. His name's Scott. 

The rest of the branch slowly starts accepting that Max isn't coming back; it had been an entire month. Max had been thought to be dead countless times before, but had only been gone a few days or a week. Anthony refused to accept Max was gone. 

Six months passed.

Anthony never stopped talking over the comms. Mostly poetry or songs. His crew mainly left him alone on these days, clearing the offices. Sometimes Steven would try and pull him to lunch, but that would only keep Anthony distracted for a few hours before he mindlessly sat back down to ramble into the empty, silent comms. 

One year passed. The entire branch left the offices as Anthony walked into his office to talk over the comms. One year weighed on his shoulders since Max died. One year of telling himself he shouldn't be taking it this hard. One year of failing at not caring. 

He snapped the ear piece on and opened up his book of poems, ready to absently, tearfully read poems for the next few hours before getting told to go do something productive. 

"Hi..."

A soft voice said from the doorway,

"At least I brought my weapons back in one piece."

Anthony's head snapped up at this voice which he still hadn't forgotten. Max stood in the door, gun in his hand perfectly undamaged for the first time ever. He took a tentative step forward as Anthony stood, chair falling back. Instead of hugging him like any sane person would've done, Anthony strode forward and decked Max square in the jaw. The agent reeled, and Anthony let out a broken chuckle, which turned to hysteric laughter and sobbing as the last string of sanity he had left snapped. Max recovered and wrapped his arms around Anthony, who was sobbing loudly and clinging to Max tightly. 

Things changed after that. Max often came by his office, to flirt with Anthony himself rather than the others in the branch. He'd bring him little gifts like stained glass mobiles or animals that Anthony would string up in his windows. 

Then Anthony came into his office to see a thick paged book. Curious, he thumbed through the pages. A hand fluttered up to his mouth as his eyes darted over each and every single poem and song he had whispered through the comms. Tears pricked in his eyes. 

"I didn't know how else to say it,"

Max mumbles quietly from the doorway. Anthony doesn't even have to ask what 'it' was. He surged forwards and kissed Max, while the other members of his crew whistled and clapped, John even laughing,

"It's about time!"