Doubt (Galty)

For Roosnoodles :3 Hope you enjoy

Side note, I refer to Galm as Anthony in this one. 

The doubt started creeping into John's head about one month past their three year anniversary. Anthony had started to be out of the house more than he usually was, and the man had called in from his cell phone saying that he'd have to skip movie night, dinner, or anything of the sort. It had started to wear away at John's confidence that he was the only one for Anthony. The ugly beast in his head that growled at him that he just wasn't good enough. That Anthony was out enjoying time with someone that he found to replace John. And that beast had claws and teeth that hurt when it lashed out at his self-esteem.  

Eventually, it got to the point where one day, after five months of Anthony's sporadic disappearances, John approached him. 

He was twisting his fingers nervously, and his throat already felt tight as he quietly goes, "Anth?" 

His boyfriend turns to look at him from where he's making coffee in the kitchen, his smile bright, "Yeah John?" 

"W-We need to talk. Please," John mumbles, gaze dropping to the floor. He couldn't look at that smile without the beast twisting his stomach and heart into knots. Anthony seems to notice this, and he comes closer, gently taking the smaller's hands in his own. "What's wrong, buttercup?" 

John swallows and he tries to stop the tears already welling up in his eyes as he quietly asked, "Are...Are you seeing someone?" 

Anthony's eyes widened, and he looked at John in disbelief. "Babe, what? Why would I be seeing someone?" 

"Well you've been gone at such late hours so much and I just don't know what else to think," John says, his voice trembling. Anthony pulls him into a bear hug, his chin resting on the top of John's head. It was a comforting weight. 

"Stay here, baby, okay? I'm going to be right back," Anthony murmurs, letting go, before slipping off towards their bedroom. John's got uncertainty writhing and twisting in his stomach as he watches Anthony go. When the man comes back, he's got something behind his back. Anthony smiles at him gently, "Cover your eyes, sweet." 

John does as told, covering his eyes with his hands. There's a click in his head and his heart starts racing as he hears Anthony moving around. When given a confirmation, he lowers his hands. 

Anthony's on bent knee before him, an emerald green box opened in his hand to reveal an intricately engraved ring. John's hands move to his mouth, eyes wide in surprise. Anthony blushed and he awkwardly looks off to the side, "It took me such a long time because the first three places I went to refused to do anything for me. Then the next one was closing and didn't have the time to do it. The last one was kind enough to do this for me and when I explained it they were more than happy to do it for me...-" 

The male took a deep breath to stop rambling and he smiled endearingly up at John, who felt like melting into a happy, gooey puddle on the floor. "John, would you be content to spend the rest of your life with this idiot who is still so head over heels for you?" 

John is speechless for a bit, before nodding wordlessly, his face starting to hurt from smiling so much as he falls to his knees and hugs Anthony tightly. Anthony laughed, sliding the ring onto his finger.