Nightmares (TehFawkes)

man you guys like your TehFawkes 

this is for @Broken_Flame :3

can be read as somewhat of a continuation of the last one

Heart pounding-- blood rushing; running. Running from something. From what? 

Huge, black creature moving-- see through the trees. Running from that. 

Run through trees-- don't trip; for the love of god don't trip 

Creature too close-- hear it's teeth snapping, eyes are glowing-- RUN

John lets out a ragged gasp and sits up sharply, groaning when blood rushes to his head. Tom lazily stirs from his position next to him, sitting up slower than he had. "John? You okay?" 

The darker haired male looks incredulously around the room, before settling back down, his breathing still quick. "Y-Yeah. Everything's good." 

Tom made an unbelieving noise beside him, but didn't press him for details, instead just hugging the smaller male to his chest. They lay there in the languid peace, Tom's fingers tracing gentle circles on John's chest to soothe him. It took its toll, John's eyes slowly starting to shut again. He cuddled back against Tom, who seemed content to tighten his hold on him, the quiet sounds of their breathing the only noise in the room. Sunlight drifted in through a window, playing across the wooden floorboards and offering a dim source of light to see the rest of the room. No large shadows of creatures that lurked only in John's head. He was safe.

He was home, too. With Tom. 

He snuggles further into the blankets and the solid warmth of Tom behind him. 

Home.