Short Term Memory (TehChaos)

@fuzzybluepenguins :D

Sorry its short,but I had such a sweet little idea

Anthony's POV
_________________

My boyfriend's name is John. He's really kind,super sarcastic,and is fairly smart. He's got a good heart,a sharp tongue,and a quicker thought process than I do,sadly. I love him so much,and I would absolutely love to propose to him. My only problem? John suffers from extreme short term memory loss. It's not the kind where he can't remember what he just did,or what he did a few days ago,it's where he can't remember anything from the day before. So no matter what I do one day,the next,John won't remember a thing. It sucks when I prove that I can draw the filthiest of noises from him in sex and he doesn't remember,but we don't talk about that.

So every day I have to convince him I'm his boyfriend,and we go on varying dates depending on his mood. But he never remembers a single one. So our relationship hasn't progressed any further,and I think my anxiety has been amped up a few hundred scales. I'm scared that one time he won't remember me at all someday,and I'll lose him forever.

So a few months ago,I consulted a therapist,and she suggested that I have John write in a notebook each day,about everything that has happened before he sleeps. And so lately,that's what he's been doing. Every morning,I hand him the notebook,and he reads whatever he's written,from the very first page,to most recent page. He realises it's true,because it's his handwriting,and so he finds that it's easier to communicate between us now. There's no tension or awkwardness or distrust or fright anymore,and we've grown stronger since.

It's September now,and I remember John saying he'd love me forever if I proposed on the 8th of September,so here I am. I've got the ring,and I've set up dinner for us. I'm going to propose,and before he sleeps,he can happily write married in his notebook now,like he had told me he wanted to. I just hope everything goes well.