S1- Episode 11~ [Listen To Me]

Dina's P.O.V
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessie lays on the sofa with her eyes closed.

I stand up slowly and face Dan. He looks mortified. He stands with his hands by his side clenched.

"Have a seat Dan." I sat pointing to the sofa.

"Do you know the vase moved on it's own?"

"Yeah I know. Now please sit."
Dan crouches nervously and sits on the seat. I sit in front of him. On the sofa near him.

"I'm not going to lie to you and say, it could have accidentally fell off the side." I say with my hands on my lap.

He stares at me cautiously and then looks at Jessie. Jessie lays there asleep with her hands on her stomach. She looked worn out and pale.

Silence breaks out between us. "Listen Dan, you are probably not going to believe me but... I will tell the truth anyway." I say calmly.

"What she was saying, that was true?" Dan says looking up to me.

"Well, that wasn't Jessie."

Dan rolls his eyes.
"Dan I'm serious here."

"Okay. I'm listening. I still want to be there for Jessie."

After 5 seconds, I tell him the truth.
"Well. We think that someone revived some dead people's spirits because they were not resting in peace. Now we think we know these people because they are some girls we went to school with and they are obviously not happy with us because they keep attacking Jessie.
Jessie is getting possessed and we know this because obviously she changes and she bleeds every time it happens. The first time it happened was in the hospital."

Dan blankly stares at me.

"I know it's a lot to take in but Jessie needs you. She can't take this."

Dan comes closer. He just looks at me. "Look."

"If you don't believe me it's fi-."

"No, I believe you." Dan says raising his hand. "I know it sounds crazy but after what I just saw, I believe you."

"Really?" I say raising one eyebrow.

"Yeah. I'll keep it a secret. I just don't want anything to happen to Jessie."

"All you can do to help is just make sure Jessie is not on her own. I'm going to get some items to put up in the house that apparently ward off evil spirits."

"Okay."

Dan keeps his eyes fixated on Jessie.

"She will be okay."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I flicker though all of the shots of Angela's body. I keep staring at the ones of her neck.
She had many slices in her skin but I was concentrating on the letter A drawn with blood under her chin.

"I knew it was her." How could she kill her sister just to frame Jessie for it? I looked through all the pictures to see any more peculiar marks.

"Hey." I looked up to see Mike looking concerned.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I look up.

"Yeah, what are you looking at?" He said peering over my shoulder.

"It's the shots of Angela's post mortem." I said pulling up the picture of her neck.
"Look at this image. Can you see this mark on her neck?"

Mike looks at the pictures more closely. "Yeah, I notice the A." He lifts his head up.
"Imagine if this is like one of the serial killer movies and she marks an A on everyone she kills."

I stare at Mike. "Mike, this isn't a joke. Hopefully it's the last one she kills." I sat staring at Angela's body. "Angela was such a nice person. Why did it have to be her? Why did have to be anyone?"

Mike grabbed a chair. "Maybe it's because, she was Jessie's sister. She seems like she is getting back at Jessie. Maybe the reason why she is not resting in peace."

I sit back in my chair. "Yeah. But we can't resolve it. She's a spirit. She's not like a human that you could have a normal conversation with and sort it out like some high school drama."
I couldn't believe I was having this conversation.

"Yeah but you can see her right? You could talk to her." Mike said putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Yeah I could. But you know what was weird? I saw Alice whilst Jessie was possessed. Does that mean there is more than one?"

"Well they are triplets."

I paused and thought about it. It was all too confusing so I pushed it to the back of my head. "Did you get the blood samples?"

"Yeah." Mike said. "It's originally why I came here, it's not good news."

I turned around and stare at him. "Why what's happened?"

Mike's face fell. "One of the blood samples are Angela's and the other one is Jessie's."

I was horrified. "You do know what this means right?" Mike stares at me. "Yeah. How long until one of the other inspectors find out." He whispers.

"The mark on the neck won't matter if the blood is hers. Anybody could have wrote an A."

I put the pictures on the desk. "Look, Mike. I don't want Jessie to go to jail but if we lie about this, we could lose our jobs."

Mike pulled out a letter from his pocket. "Hold that thought." He unfolded a piece of paper. "I found this in my apartment."

He put the letter on the desk and I picked it up. I looked at the bottom and saw an A.

___________________________

Hi.

I can help exclude Jessie from the investigation. However, you will have to do something in return. You must not show this letter to anyone other than Dina. Don't underestimate us.

Trust me. Jessie will not be framed for this murder. In return, I would want you to buy another property so Jessie can move out of Dina's house.

Jessie must live alone. Or Jessie lives in Jail.
You decide.

-A

_____________________

"What.. the ... hell."
I look up.

"I know right?" Mike says grabbing the letter and folding it again.

"What are we going to do?" I say as Mike puts the letter in his pocket.

"Come on. She's not going to kill Jessie." Mike says.

"I don't know Mike." I think. It is a big risk.

"Dina. I say... We buy Jessie a new place."

—————————————————