S1- Episode 2~ [The Little Cheater]

Dina's P.O.V
_____________________

"Are you okay?" Mike said.

"Yeah come in," I said looking all shaky.

Mike walked in looking cautious. "I know you are not meant to be here but I really need to speak to you."

"Okay?" He walked in and sat down on the sofa. "What's up?"

"You have to promise me, you are not going to think I am crazy." I stare at him with my hands raised by my side.

"I won't think you are crazy Dina."

"Okay. Okay." I walk around a bit nervously. "I just saw Jessie falling down the stairs wearing a dress but it wasn't Jessie because she just walked out the door because she came to ask about the party but then I heard her after she left and-"

"Woah, woah, woah. Slow down." He said standing up. "What do you mean?"

He placed his hands on my shoulders to stop me from moving. "I've already told you what I mean. It was so real but it wasn't."

"Are you sure you were not hallucinating?" We both stopped speaking. I thought about it.

"Yeah. Maybe you are right. I probably just hallucinated."

"Okay. Okay. Well I think you just need to stop thinking about the party. I'll sort everything out okay."

"Okay. Thank you." He walked slowly out the door. I sat down on the sofa and thought about what just happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Richard Blakey, 34, reported dead at the scene of a car crash but body is now missing. A little girl-"

I was totally spaced out. My mind was fixated on my hallucination yesterday. How could that happen to me? It's never happened before. It was really scary as well.

"Dina. Dina!"

I look up at my colleague. "I'm sorry Maria, what were you saying?"

"Are you even listening to me?" She said shoving paperwork in my face.

"Yeah you were talking about Richard someone." I said sitting up in my chair.

"Not Richard someone, Richard Blakey. You need to pay attention." Maria said looking frustrated.

"I'm sorry Maria again. I'll focus on it." She walks away.
I stare at the case in front of me and flicker through the pages.

"Hey."

I slightly jump and look up. It was Mike.

"You startled me."

"I thought I did."
I look back at my work.

"I could sense the tension from here. Are you still thinking about yesterday?" He said leaning over.

"Yeah. I am. Just can't get it off my mind."

"You need to think about something else." He said grabbing a chair.

"By the way. The invite said tomorrow? Why is it so soon?" I said looking up.

"Yeah I thought her ceremony is today so we will just do the party tomorrow, everyone's agreed so it shouldn't be a problem. Even that Dan is coming."

He said muttering to himself.

"How do you feel about him coming?" I asked.

"Well because he is after Jessie, quite a lot. I really believe that we can work out but it's complicated."