S6- Episode 87- [Infertile]

1 Week Later...

Dina's P.O.V
~~~~~~~~~~~

I had completed all the tests and scans and the results had finally arrived. I was waiting for a letter to arrive to tell me the results.

I waited nervously in my apartment.

"Hey, are you okay?" Jessie said carrying Maya into the living room.

I looked up anxiously and nodded. "Yeah I'm fine. I'm just waiting for the results. Are you going somewhere?"

Jessie was dressed and so was Maya. "Erm yes. I'm going to take Maya to this swimming class for toddlers. They literally just splash in the water with the other kids. I was just going to wait in the cafe watching her through the window." Jessie said smiling.

"Ooh that nice and different. I hope you have a good time." I said.

"Thank you." Jessie said. Soon, she left with Maya.

I made myself a cup of tea and sat down on the sofa.

Suddenly the phone rang. I jumped slightly and looked down. It was from an unknown number. I picked it up and held it to my ear.

"Hello?" A woman said.

"Hello." I said.

"Hi Dina is that you? It's Doctor Willis." The doctor said.

"Oh yes it's me." I replied.

"I decided to ring you and speak to you on the phone instead of putting your results into a letter." Her serious voice made my heart sink to the bottom of the floor.

"Is it bad?" I said filling the silence.

"It's not great news Dina I'm afraid." She said. The tension rose in every inch of my body.

"I don't think I want to know." I said.

"Are you sure?" She said. "I'm not going to force you to listen if you don't want to."

I know this fear was never going to leave if I didn't listen.

"No. Actually, you can tell me."

"Okay." The doctor replied. "I'm afraid to tell you the results have came to a conclusion that you are infertile." I was confused.

"What do you mean? I don't understand. What are you saying?" I said getting frustrated.

"Dina. You won't be able to conceive. Meaning, you won't be able to give birth to your own children."

I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach.

"Erm. I've got to go." I sobbed. "I'm sorry."

I quickly put the phone down. Tears formed in my eyes and I blinked causing the tear to trickle down my cheek. "I don't deserve this." I cried as I wiped my tears.

Jessie's P.O.V
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sat at the cafe watching Maya out of the window. I cupped my mug with my palms and took a sip. Suddenly, something caught my eye. I looked up and I saw a familiar face, a face that I haven't seen for a very long time. It was Karen. I couldn't believe I was seeing a dead person in the middle of the cafe. Karen walked up to my table and sat down on the chair.

"I know you can see me and can hear me." She said.

I couldn't really talk back to her. Nobody else could see her. I would look like I was talking to myself.

"Hmm." I hummed.

"I just wanted to say I'm jealous that Alice and Allie got to be resurrected and not me." She said scratching her arm.

"You can't be here." I whispered as I looked around.

"Well I need to be because I want to come back so I can be with you. Spend time with you."

"What!" I said. Everyone looked at me startled. I felt quite embarrassed. I put my phone to my ear. And pretended like it was by accident.

"That cannot happen." I said pretending to be on the phone.

"Why not? We are best friends."'

"No we are not. Karen, listen. You need to leave. I can't believe you still like me." I said.

"Obviously, I'm going to ask Camila to resurrect me." Karen said.

"No. You are not. Please. If you like me than you should use your power to prevent Alice from hurting me. Please."

"I can't do that." Karen said in fear. "She will torture me."

I rolled my eyes again. "Please leave me alone." I said to Karen.

"Fine. I will leave you alone and never speak to you. I will just let Alice mess with you. Bye Jessie." Karen stormed off in anger. Great I had to go and make another enemy.

I put my phone down and turned my head.

Dina's P.O.V
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mike walked into the living room whilst I was standing there in sadness.

"So.. did the results come? What was it?" He said with a smile. I looked up at him to signal that it wasn't very good news.

I sniffled. "What's happened?" He said to me as he walked closer and stroked my arm.

"After I tell you. I don't think you will want to be with me anymore." I muttered taking a big breath.

"What? No. It can't be that bad. Tell me." He said holding my arm.

"Mike. Mike." My voice broke.

"Dina. It's okay. You can tell me." He softened his voice. The atmosphere was tense and silent. Tears rolled out of my eyes without any blinking.

"Mike. I can't ... have kids." I said slowly.

Mike stopped and processed what I just told him. "Why? You love children. Don't worry if something can go wrong. We will still try."

"No Mike, I can't conceive. I'm infertile." I cried.

Mike froze. He stood still. He was probably going to leave me. He touched both my upper arms and pulled my closer. I rested my head on his chest and cried. He cupped my head and held me tightly. My tears fell on to his shirt and stained it.

"I'm so sorry Mike. I'm sorry."

"Sh. It's not your fault." He pulled me away and wiped my tears.

"Dina. It's not the end of the world. There is so many options now. Surrogacy, IVF, adoption. We can still have our own kids. Just because you can't give birth to them yourself doesn't mean they can't be brought into this world." I listened.

"You are right. But it's just going to be so much more difficult. Especially with Alice and Allie around." I sobbed.

"If we think about it. I don't think we are really ready to have a kid right now anyway. So let's just forget about it for the time being okay?" Mike said.

He pulled me in and hugged me tightly. My tears started to form a puddle on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to comment and vote xoxo