S1- Episode 3~ [Down She Goes]

Dina's P.O.V
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angela is so sweet. Our conversation has finished and she stopped talking to me and walked away. I walked over to the snacks and drinks. Mike dunked his hand into the crisps. He looked mad.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"No." He said with a red face. He stuffed the crisps into his mouth and went for the chocolate fingers.

"What's happened?" I said grabbing the Skittles.

"She cheated on me."

I cough nearly choking on the skittles. "WHAT!"

Everyone around us quietened down and I got a few stares. "I mean what?"

"Yeah. She slept with Dan."

"No." I couldn't believe what he was saying to me. I don't believe Jessie would do that. She has been wanting to get back with Mike for ages.

"Are you sure?" I looked at him.

He give me the 'I don't want to talk about it look' so I didn't ask further.

"She will be coming down soon so let's go to the centre."
I walk a few steps forward but Mike was still at the table. He turned around and put his hand out. I didn't know what to do. Should I low five him?

He stepped closer and held my hand and walked into the centre of the hall. My heart sank.

"Do you want to dance? My favourite song has come on."
He said.

"Erm. Sure." I put my hands on his shoulders. He lowers his hands and put them around my waist and we danced.  It was strange because I didn't feel awkward at all.
Suddenly the music quietened down.
"Ladies and Gentlemen. Jessie is coming."

We stopped dancing and we looked at the top of the stairs.
I felt like I was having deja vu. Suddenly everything was coming back. The whispering. The giggling. Jessie looked in all the same directions as she did in the apartment.

I tugged on Mike's jacket.

"Mike."

"Mike."

He looked at me.

"Mike I think she's going to fall."

Jessie stepped on the next step.
"She's going to fall!"

All of a sudden Jessie slipped on the next step and lost her balance. She tumbled rapidly down the stairs.

"Dina."
I couldn't stop staring. I was mortified.

"Dina." I turned my head to look at Mike.

"Are you okay? She's just about to walk down."

"What?" I said. I looked back at the stairs. Jessie was getting ready to walk down.

"This cannot be happening." I walked closer. I closed my eyes for a couple of seconds and then opened them again.

"What?" Mike said.

"Nothing I thought-"

"AAGH!" Jessie screamed as her ankle twists and she loses her balance. She slides down the couple of stairs and rolls down the rest. Everyone is mortified as they stare. Everyone is left shocked. They all stop what they are doing and run to attend Jessie.

"JESSIE!"

I rub my eyes and look again. It was real this time. Jessie is lying unconsciously at the bottom of the stairs. Everyone crowds around her. Me and Mike both run up to her pushing the crowds aside.

"Jessie! Oh my god Jessie." I sit on the floor grabbing both sides of her face shaking her to wake up. My eyes water.

"We need to get her to the hospital."

I shake her but nothing works. "Please wake up. Jessie wake up."

"Let me pick her up." Everyone steps back and Mike picks her up and we head to the hospital.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beep beep beep.

Mike has his head down between his knees. I walked closer and sat down next to him. I tapped his back.

"Are you okay?"

He lifts his head up. "I can't believe this. The last thing I said to her was that I never want to talk to her again and she should get lost."

"Mike, It's okay, I'm sure that is the last thing on her mind right now." I said.

He grabbed hold of my hand and lightly stroked my fingers. We were quiet for a while.

"The thing is. I knew this was going to happen."
He raised his head and looked at me.
"Mike, It wasn't a hallucination, I saw the future. I know it sounds crazy but I knew she was going to fall."

Mike covers his eyes with his palms. "My head is so messed up right now."

"Are you both here for Jessie?" I look up and a doctor had come. The doctor arrived. We stood up.
"Yep." I suddenly felt shivers. My heart filled with fear but I wasn't scared at all.

"She's in here." The doctor smiled. However his smile turned into a smile that wasn't very friendly anymore. He smiled as if the smile wasn't his. His smile turned into a freaky smile. He lowered his face slightly and his eyes were fixated on me. His smile looked like a smile you would see in a horror movie.

"Can you see this?"

"Hmm. See what?" Mike said nodding to the doctor.

Something wasn't right. Something was going on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jessie's P.O.V.

My head killed like crazy. I sat up a bit. The hospital room was silent. Suddenly, I felt like someone was in the room with me.

"Is someone there?" I held on tight to my hospital sheets. Suddenly, the floor got darker. The most scared I got, the darker the room got. One of the walls looked dark. It was as if someone was there. Suddenly the dark patch moved. It was a shadow. The shadow moved closer and closer to me. The eerie sounds got louder. I could hear someone whispering. The whispers got louder and louder as the shadow got closer to me.

"No. No."

"No. What is it? Please no." The descending shadow rose and floated above my chest. I froze in fear and couldn't move.
"NO!" The shadow shrunk as it attacked me. It entered my body and my whole body seized up. It was like my heart had stopped. I couldn't breathe. I could see the room getting lighter and my eyes shut.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~