S6- Episode 76~ [First Steps]

Dan's P.O.V

~~~~~~~~~~

I was minding my own business until someone knocked on the door. It was Allie.

"What are you doing here?" I muttered.

"What am I doing here? What are you doing here? You are meant to be with Jessie, she has a child and you should be helping her look after her." Allie said walking into the living room.

"Don't act all innocent, like you care." I said closing the door after her.

"Fine, but you are meant to be all in love with her. By her side." Allie said raising her hand.

"Well maybe I am. Maybe I've fell in love with her and I don't want to be involved with Maya." I explained.

Allie jut stared at me with her mouth open.

"Are you kidding me? You are joking right? You actually love her? Wait till Alice finds out about this."

I rolled my eyes. Allie walked up to me. "Between you and me, we know Maya is not going to be around after a while so why can't you just put up with her for the time being?" Allie said softly putting her hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off and stepped back.

"That's the problem, I don't want to be close to her or have a connection with her. I don't want to put myself through that." I muttered.

Allie rolled her eyes. "Oh. You are going to be so heartbroken if something happens to Maya.." She said sarcastically. "I don't care if you like her or not. You are just going to have to deal with it." Allie said glaring at Dan. "Sort yourself out Dan, Alice is watching you."

Allie walked out of the door and closed the door behind her.

Dina's P.O.V

--------------------

I stared at my phone. 22 missed calls from Mike. I switched my phone off and put it to the side. Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. I got up and opened the door. Jessie had took Maya out for walk. I opened the door and saw a man.

"Have I seen you before?" His face looked very familiar. He stood there smirking at me. I'm sure I've seen him before.

"I'm Damien? Heard of me before?" He said placing his hands in his pockets.

"Oh..My...God." I said. I was about to close the door on him but he stopped me. "You raped my best friend and left her scarred. I would get my hand off the door if I was you and walk away." I said in a deep tone with our hands both on the door.

"Wow. Dina. You have gotten tough. Funnily enough, I'm not here to rape anyone." He said stepping back.

"Funny? What are you? I can't believe you are out. How are you even out? You should be in jail." I said.

"That's my business. I didn't say if I was out or not." Damien said shrugging his shoulders.

"Well you look like it." I said. "What are you even doing here? This is my apartment."

Damien hesitated. "I have come to see my baby. I know she lives here."

I nearly choked on my own spit. "You what?"

"My baby, Maya. I've come to see her."

I hesitated and thought for a minute. "Maya? Who's that? Some girl you're looking for?" I said suspiciously.

"Dina. Don't play dumb with me. Jessie has my daughter and I want to see her."

I took a deep breath. "No. Not you. You cannot be her father." I slammed the door in his face and walked back to the sofa. I shook my head and thought about what just happened. I heard his footsteps walk away.

After a while, Jessie came back with Maya. She opened the door and walked in using the key I gave her.

"I've been trying to encourage Maya to walk but she just loves crawling." Jessie said.

"Yeah."

"She literally stands up for 1 minute and then sits back down again."

"Yeah."

Jessie furrowed her eyebrows. "What's on your mind today?"

I was about to tell her that Damien had come but Maya caught my attention. Maya's rattle rolled over and she wanted it. She stood up and took a few steps to the rattle and bent down and picked it up. She sat down.

"Oh my God. Maya just took her first steps. Oh my gosh, I need to put this in the diary." Jessie got super excited and picked Maya up and spun her. "Yaay."

"I can't believe she walked! I'm so happy for you." I said smiling. Maya had a big grin on her face. She knew we were happy with her.

"Are you going to tell me what was on your mind now?" Jessie said putting Maya down.

"Erm Maya's dad came over today." I said. Jessie froze in her steps and stared at me.

"What?" Jessie said raising her eyebrow. "Who came? Who was it? Please tell me it was Dan."

I looked up and stared at her. "No it wasn't Dan."

Jessie wondered. She took a deep breath. "Please don't tell me it's Mike? You are acting like it's Mike."

"No. It's not Mike. It was Damien." Jessie fell silent and stared at wall for a minute. She took a deep breath. "No. No. He can't be her dad."

I just stared at her. "Dina. I'm not letting that disgusting guy be my daughter's dad."

"Well if he is. He is.. Right?" I said. "I mean we can't do anything about it."

"I cannot believe this. No." Jessie said. Her eyes watered. I felt bad. I got up and sat closer to her.

"He wants to see her."

"No. I am not letting that ass see her. I don't want Maya to have anything to do with him. No."

I fiddled with my thumbs. "We will just keep her away from him then."

Jessie got up and picked Maya up. She stormed into the second bedroom and closed the door. I took a deep breath. Damien? Why him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Don't forget to comment and vote xoxo