S1- Episode 1~ [I'm Not Crazy]

Everything was not how it seemed. I didn't believe such things existed. How my whole world could be flashed before my eyes and I wouldn't even notice. I thought I had superpowers, but I was wrong. It was like a curse that was never lifted. Until Episode 193. All the torment had ended. I was finally done with all the torture and abuse that came before. All the obstacles and failures life had thrown at me. I was free and in love.
Dina 24th May 2022

Dina's P.O.V
____________

"He's so hot." Jessie said fanning herself.

We were at a little arrangement cheering on Jessie's sister Angela. Angela goes to a performance academy. She has so many qualifications in dancing. We were at a little gathering to celebrate Angela's successes. She takes part in performance against the other departments.  The other departments in the same building are the singers and the weightlifters.

"I thought you were over Mike now?" I said. Jessie was still gazing at Mike who was stood speaking to a bunch of friends at the drinks table.
Jessie and Mike were on and off. They have just recently broken up but Jessie still feels like she has feelings for him. Mike wanted to propose the idea of getting physical but Jessie wants to wait so they keep arguing unnecessarily.

"I don't know, maybe I should get him back." Jessie said tapping her lower lip. "If he really likes me, then he will wait."

I roll my eyes at her. "He does like you Jessie. He goes on about you all the time."
Jessie and Mike are both my best friends but sometimes I feel like I am in the middle of them.

"Shit, he's coming over." Mike meets eye contact with me and starts walking over. Jessie tugs on my sleeve.

"Hey girls." Mike said moving his quiff back.
"Hi."  I said.
He smiles at me.
"Hi. I need to talk to you." Jessie said pulling Mike to the side.
I sensed awkwardness as I was left alone. "Okaaay." I shrugged my shoulders and started looking around for someone to talk to. Angela was too busy attending other guests.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Knock knock knock.

I was back in the accommodation. My workplace is like a big department and we all get our own accommodation. However, male and females are not meant to cross over in apartments.

I jumped up and opened the door. "Guess what?" Jessie said with a smile on her face.

"Erm. Let me guess. You are back together?"
Her eyes lit up.
"Yess. We are!!!!!" She ran into the accommodation excitedly.

"Great.. I'm happy for you. I said still holding on to the door. I close it and turn around.

"Listen. I'm having a party for my graduation and I really need your help organising and stuff like that."

Jessie was graduating University and she has got a job working with dead bodies. Me, Mike and Jessie all work, well are going to work in similar fields.

I work as a detective looking at cases that happened in the area. Mike works with upcoming cases that have a potential threat to someone's life and Jessie is going to work with dead bodies to see why cases of death and murder have happened.
Me and Mike work in the same department which is not something Jessie particularly likes but she doesn't say anything.

"Erm yeah sure I will help." I smiled.

"Great. I need help with food and music and my dress and guests and...."

"Wait. You are not expecting me to do all of this are you?" I said stopping her.

"No... well yeah... maybe we will see." She said grabbing a list out of her bag. She passed the list which had the heading guest list on it.

"I'm booking a hall to have the party in. I'm not inviting anyone to the ceremony. Just Angela."

"Okay nice, thanks for the invitation." I laughed.
"Shut up."

I skim through all the names on the list.
"Dan?"

She raised her eyebrow.

"Daniel?"

"Are you actually seriously thinking of inviting Dan?" I said pointing to the list.
Dan has a huge crush on Jessie. He is also kind of a player. I'm sure he is just trying to use Jessie for his selfish motives but I'm sure she likes Mike.

"Yeah. Well it would make him happy."

"Jessie. You know how obsessed he is with you. You don't want to make him think you are leading him on." I said putting the list down.

"The rest seems fine."

"Come on Dina. He's not going to do anything. Besides he is scared of Mike so he will keep his distance."

"He's not scared of Mike at all Jessie. But it's your party so you can invite who you want." I sat back down.

"Great. I better get going then. I'm meeting Mike later."

She stuffed the list in her bag and rested the strap on her shoulder. "Bye."

"Bye." She walked out the door shutting it behind her.

I shake my head and continue scrolling through Instagram on my phone.

Suddenly, I heard giggling. I froze. I am pretty sure I'm alone in the apartment. I put my phone down on the sofa. I could hear whispering. I turn my head and walk towards the sound.

"Hello?" I turn the corner and my eyes widen.
I see a figure standing at the top of the stairs. I couldn't make out who it was.
In a few moments... they slowly turn around. My mouth drops open.

"What the hell."

Jessie was smiling at the top of the stairs. She doesn't acknowledge me at all. She doesn't make eye contact with me. Instead she looks in certain directions as if she was meeting eye contact with other people who were not there.

"Jessie, what are you doing?" She acts as if she can't hear me. She is wearing a teal dress coming down to her ankles.

As moments pass. She trips and tumbles down the flights of stairs.

"JESSIE!" I run towards the stairs and all of a sudden.

My phone starts ringing. I turned my head to look at the direction of my phone and turned back towards the stairs.

I froze. The stairs were clear. No sign of Jessie. No voices.

I run towards my phone and look at the miss call. It was Mike. I rang back immediately.

"Hello.. I just wanted to ask-"

"Mike. I need you to get here as soon as possible."

......................