Chapter 126|Losing It|

"I'm back," I tiredly said as I shut the apartment door behind me, locking it.

"So soon?" Rei asked, raising a brow at you.

"Wow, you really missed me, didn't ya?" you sarcastically said.

"No, I'm not saying I glad you were gone, I just expected you to walk for a longer period of time," Rei explained.

You nodded your head, understanding what he meant. Your walks normally took longer, hours even, so this was a change.

"So, how long have you been stalking me?" you asked before sitting down on his comfortable couch.

Rei looked at you, his eyes wide.

"I wasn't stalking you! I was just checking up on you to make sure you're doing okay," Rei explained, sounding slightly panicked.

"Yet you didn't talk to me? I'm pretty sure I looked more than insane to anyone who would watch me," you tiredly said, realizing that his anger wasn't all yours.

"Purity! What are you doing?!" you whispered, covering your mouth, but received no response.

"I know and I'm sorry," Rei said looking at you with apologetic eyes. His normally sharp blue eyes looked softer and more doe-like.

"I know you are, I'm sorry for getting mad," you apologized.

"It's okay. So, are you going to tell me why you took such a short walk or not?" Rei asked, understanding how angry and confused you must've been. He knew you needed to get angry. You needed to scream at the top of your lungs, but you weren't. Many thoughts ran through his mind, but he just wanted to make sure you were okay. Ten years is a long time, but he still had enough time to make it up to you, right?

You averted your gaze to the ground, unsure if you should tell Rei about what had happened in an alleyway that was only about a quarter of a mile away. You were still a bit shaken up about it, so you decided to tell him.

"I got assaulted," you said, trying not to make it sound worse than it was, even though it was a terrible situation. You didn't want to come off as dramatic, because your actions leading up to this point in time were quite dramatic.

"WHAT?!" Rei shouted, obviously very much upset by this. "BY WHO?!" he continued.

"I-I don't know, just a group of guys," you explained, not really enjoying being yelled at.

"Are you okay?" Rei asked, standing up from his chair and walking over to you. He kneeled in front of the couch that you were sitting on, your knees pressing against your chest.

"I'm fine, my back just hurts," you explained, shrugging your shoulders.

"How did you get away?" Rei asked, hoping no one got killed.

"I scared 'em," you said with a small smile. Rei honestly wasn't all that surprised, he knew how scary you could be, at least how scary you could be as a five year old girl. He didn't even want to imagine how intimidating you could be with how old you were now.

"I'm glad you didn't just take it, and with that fancy smancy provisional license you could defend yourself without having to break the law," Rei said, turning a quite serious topic into a joke.

"Fancy smancy?" you asked, holding back your laughs.

"Yup," Rei flatly said.

"I missed how dumb you were," you giggled.

"I missed your antics," Rei said, smiling at you.

Rei sat on the couch beside you, leaving you and him in silence.

"I'll make us lunch," Rei sighed, standing up from the couch and walking to the kitchen, leaving you alone. You sighed, closing your eyes.

"Wh-Why did you just let him leave?!" Purity shouted.

"Because he can do what he pleases? Besides, he's making us lunch," you whispered, muffling your voice with your hand.

"Well— I don't want him to go! He'll leave us again!" Purity replied, sounding like a child.

"We're in his house and he's just in the other room. What's up with you?" I asked, weirded out by Purity's behavior.

"I dunno. I'm just—" Purity started before being interrupted by you when she couldn't seem to form the next word.

"Scared?" you asked in a quite whisper.

"Scared?! Please, I'm not scared. I could never be scared. I don't know what's up with me. I guess I'm still disorientated from the huge headache earlier," Purity snapped at you. You furrowed your brows as you listened to her.

'She might've been created with a figment of my personality, but she's annoying as hell.'

Rei finished making lunch, which you and him ate on the couch while watching some really old horror movie. The movie was made when quirks were only becoming more common, so it was much older and was a collector's CD. You had no idea to how Rei got a hold of it, he didn't have much in his apartment, so he isn't much of a collector.

"Tomorrow, I think you need to go back," Rei sighed.

"What?" you responded, your eyes wide,"No."

"Why not?" Rei asked, a serious look on his face.

"I can't go back, okay? I just can't," you sighed.

"Coward," Rei sighed.

"WHAT?!" you yelled at Rei.

"You're to scared to go back there and face your classmates, aren't you? That makes you a coward," Rei hissed.

"COWARD?! OH, YOU'RE ONE TO TALK!" you retorted. "YOU WERE TOO SCARED TO EVEN FACE ME!" you shouted, getting riled up.

The hurt expression on Rei's face surprised you. You blinked a couple times, realizing you were just shouting at him.

"I-I'm sorry," you sighed, wrapping your arms around your hands as you pulled your knees up to your chest.

You felt like you were going insane. One freak out right after the other, everything was too good to be true. You couldn't go one day without having some type of meltdown. Not one day of peace, not one day of quiet, not one day of smiles, not one day of laughs. Chaos, it was always chaos. Inevitable chaos.

'I'm losing it.'

"Hey, (Y/N), are you okay?" Rei asked.

You looked at him, your eyes begging for help, just one thing to rely on, but why worry him? Why make him feel the burdens you carry? One person carrying them is enough, no need to get anyone else involved, right?

(A/N: If you are going through anything that puts you through emotional distress, know that it isn't stupid and it's okay to be sad, but don't be afraid to talk to others about how you feel. There is always someone who is willing to listen to you, one of those people being me. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to message me :D)

"Yeah, I'm fine, sorry," you sighed, closing your eyes.

"It's fine," Rei said, a warm half-smile on his face.

You and Rei finished the movie, and you fell asleep on the couch. Rei insisted you take the bed, but you refused since he had already done enough for you.

Even so, Rei carried you from the couch and set you on his bed. He tucked you into the blankets and kissed your forehead like a loving sibling would to a baby, even though you were no longer a baby.

Rei saw the distraught look on your face as you tossed and turned, mumbling "No" as you slept. He sighed, leaving his room and sleeping on the couch.

Heyo! Thank you SO much for reading! Someone felt like the chapters were getting shorter and shorter, so I made this chapter a bit longer than usual :3

I hope you have an AMAZING night/day! I'd appreciate it if you'd vote, comment, and follow! I love you all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much! Byyyyyyyyyyeeeeeee!