Chapter 72|Another Rei|

(Takes place ten years prior to current event)

You had escaped from your room. You hated feeling crammed up in a place you didn't want to be.

You walked down the halls of the psychiatric ward. Suddenly, you slipped on a wet spot and fell onto a door.

"Hello? Are you okay?" a voice called out.

Your stood up and brushed the dust off your hospital gown.

"Yeah, sorry, I just slipped," you responded.

"Shouldn't you be in your room?" the voice said from the other side of the door.

"How do you know I don't work here?" you asked.

"Sweetie, I can tell you're a child. Maybe it's best if you go back to your room," the voice explained.

"N-No, I don't know where to find it," you lied.

"Then stay here until morning I suppose. I don't really know what to say, just stay safe," the voice said.

You smiled, suddenly having an intriguing idea. You used your quirk to teleport inside her room.

"Ta-Da!" you cheered.

Inside the room, a white-haired woman sat on a bed. She had beautiful gray eyes, but the life inside them had been stolen.

'Such beautiful eyes, but their glow has been taken away. She has a perfect face for a smile aswell.'

"How did you get in here?" she asked.

"I teleported," you responded.

"You know, you shouldn't be using your quirk in here," the woman explained.

You frowned and looked at your feet. You loathed your quirk, more than anything, but it was useful.

"I shouldn't have a quirk," you mumbled to yourself.

The woman raised a brow at you. You simply sighed and took a seat on the ground.

Wanting to make small talk, the woman decided to talk to you, as she missed her own child.

"What is something as adorable as you doing here?" she asked.

You frowned and looked at your feet.

"My parents didn't know what else they could do. Besides, trust me, I'm not adorable. In fact, I don't know how you aren't afraid right now," you said as screams of innocent people filled your senses. Your breathing began to speed up a bit, but your thoughts were canceled out by the woman's voice.

"You're a good person," she said with a gentle smile on her face.

You looked up at her, your eyes wider and your brows furrowed.

"How could you just assume that? Assuming that about people is dangerous," you explained. You would know.

The woman looked at you, sympathy filled her eyes, but something about her smile was so warm and welcoming. Something you had missed so dearly.

"You have to have some faith in people if you don't want to walk through life alone," the woman explained, light once again in her eyes.

You smiled at her lively eyes.

'She took back the lights in her eyes.'

"I suppose you're right. By the way, what is your name?" you asked.

"Just call me Rei," she said with a smile on her face.

"Rei, huh?" you said as you looked at the ground.

"Forever?"

"Forever!"

"Life works in funny ways," Rei said with a small smile on her face.

"Yeah, it does," you responded as you smiled at Rei.

You and Rei talked for hours. You told her that your parents were finally taking you out of the ward, but you didn't tell her why. She seemed to understand.

"Earlier, you said something about your quirk and how you shouldn't have it. I'm sorry for prying, but I am a bit curious," Rei said as the sun began to rise.

"It's fine. I would prefer to not go into much detail, but I hate it. I use it, but I hate it so much. The man is dead, but every time I use my quirk, all it reminds me of is the wretched man who gave it to me. He made me a villain," you explained, feeling your tears sting your eyes.

As Rei looked at you, feeling guilt. Guilt for what she did to her son. Guilt for how it made her son feel.

"No matter where your quirk came from, it is yours. It is yours to do what you want with it. I don't know what happened to you, but he isn't here any more. You can do whatever you want to do with the rest of your life," she said as she patted your head in a comforting manner.

"Personally, I'd become a hero just to rub it in his face," she jokingly said.

You giggled at her and genuinely smiled. You were happy. You were happy for the first time in so long.

Time skip

You had been taken out of he psychiatric ward. You and your family discussed what the next step your were planning to make was.

You were going to get your memory of everything that had happened since your fifth birthday  disappear.

You sat in the chair, thinking about everything that had happened, because no matter how much your hated remembering what you did, but it would probably be your last moments with these memories. You'd forget about Hugo, Rika, Jake, Kyojin, Tomura, both Rei's, and many more, but it gave you another chance at life.

You and your family anxiously sat in the small waiting room of an office, waiting for your name to be called.

A black haired woman wearing a grey pencil skirt and a grey blazer entered the room.

"(Y/N) Bakugou, you and your family please follow me," she said before walking through the door she entered from. She showed you and your family into a large room with a couch and a piece of furniture that wasn't a bed, but was mean to be lied on.

In the room sat an elderly man with a bright smile. He directed you to lie down on the piece of furniture, but before lying down, you whispered something in Katsuki's ear.

"Tell this to Mom and Dad as well once we get home. Please always support my choice to become a hero, no matter what it takes. Even if it risks me remembering again," you explained.

Katsuki looked at you, definitely questioning your choice. Still, he knew it was important, so he nodded his head.

You lied down on the furniture and allowed the man to wipe your memory. As your memories slowly faded away, a thought popped into your mind before quickly disappearing.

'I may not be able to bring back the hundreds of lives I've taken, but I'll use what he gave to me to save millions.'

Heyo! If you read my latest announcement on my profile, you'd know why I took so long with this update.

She's in pretty stable condition for what I know, but I'm unable to visit her, sadly. Still, I thank you all for your support.

I love you all SOOOOO much! Thank you for reading! Have a great night/day! Byyeeee!