Chapter 58|Never Leave You|

You stood in the infinite white, wearing the grey dress from before. You were covering your face with your hands.

"Screw you," you said as you held back sobs.

"What?" Hugo asked with confusion and anger evident in his voice. You pulled your hands off your face. You were ready to answer him.

"Why are you doing this to me?! I wanted to know, yes, but now I wish you never told me! I feel like I'm going f*cking insane! I PUT MY LIFE ON THE F*CKING LINE! I don't want anymore of this bull sh*t," you said as tears began streaming down your face.

"I used to not have dreams. It would just be...nothing. I hated it. Then, I began having dreams and I liked them. One day, I began having dreams about...that place. They weren't bad, but they sure did suck. Now, whenever I close my eyes, all I see is F*CKING KYOJIN! THE SOUNDS OF PEOPLE'S SCREAMS ARE CONSTANTLY REPLAYING THROUGH MY MIND!," you screamed at him, before collapsing onto your knees.

"I don't know how much longer I can take this," you whispered as you began sobbing. Tears were rushing down your face, it didn't look pretty, but you were finally letting out your pain.

"I'm sorry, but I have to go," Hugo said, fading away along with the infinite white.

Your eyes shot open and you saw Shouto at the side of your bed, a worried look on his face.

You looked saw the window beside your bed was now open.

"Are you okay?" Shouto asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," you said, not realizing that tears were still streaming down your face.

He frowned at you, cupping your cheek and using his thumb to wipe away your tears.

"No, you're not. Do you want to talk about it?" Shouto asked, his voice soft. Once again, he was shirtless, but you didn't pay much mind to it.

You didn't want to worry him, but you needed a shoulder to cry on. It was in this moment that you realized how much you missed your family. Still, you enjoyed being there with Shouto.

"I-If it isn't a bother. I know it's late and all..."

He shrugged and took a seat in front of you on the bed.

"It's fine. I couldn't sleep, so just talk to me about it."

You frowned and began messing with your pajama sleeve.

"I'm scared," you mumbled.

"Scared?" he asked.

"Every time I close my eyes, I-I see his face. It's never quiet anymore because the sound of screams are constantly playing in my head, sometimes they're all I can hear. So many screams," you weakly said.

"Every time I formed a bond with someone, they'd either die or I'd never see them again. I was never had enough time to get over even that! I probably sound so whiny right now," you continued, your voice cracking as you held back sobs.

No words were said, he just wrapped his arm around you and lightly pulled your head into his chest.

You balled your hands up into a fist and lightly rested them on his chest. After a few seconds, loud sobs began escaping your mouth and tears poured down your face.

He rubbed circles into your back, doing his best to comfort you. After a while, you stopped crying and you just began hugging him, your head still rested on his chest.

"Shouto."

"Yeah?"

"I want you to promise me something."

"Depends on what it is," Shouto replied, causing you to giggle.

"Please promise that you'll never leave me," you mumbled with a slight blush on your face.

'Do you still care?'

Shouto smiled a bit, but kept his voice the same.

"I promise I'll never leave you."

'Please keep it.'

You looked up at him and with an adorable serious face and said,"No promises that I've ever made have been kept. So, I just want to tell you that if you break this promise...I'll never forgive you!"

He chuckled and smiled as he looked down at you.

After a bit, he pulled away from the hug and got into a more comfortable position.

You both were staring at the ceiling.

"Shouto."

"Hm?"

"What are your feelings towards me?" you asked with a slight blush on your face.

"That's was very forward. Well, if you're asked if I see as more than a friend still," he rolled into his side so he could see your face.

"I don't think I'll ever get over these feelings I have for you. My turn," Shouto continued.

"Huh?" you asked.

"My turn to ask a question. Now, what are your feelings towards me?" he asked.

Your eyes widened at his question. Your face turned a deep red and your heart was going a hundred miles a minute.

'He told me how he feels. I should tell him the truth. Oh gosh I'm going to die of embarrassment.'

"I-I-I realized that...I fell for you a long while ago."

"When?" he asked, his voice was unreadable. You had no idea what he was thinking.

"It was right after the attack on the USJ. It was lunch and as soon as we finished eating, you grabbed my hand and ran to the large oak tree. After a bit, you fell asleep on my lap. I didn't realize it then, but it's obvious now," I said with a small smile on my face.

"I'm going to go to bed," Shouto said as he stood up.

"A-Alright. Good night," I said as I watched him exit my room, closing the door behind him.

'Did he seriously just leave right after I confessed all of that to him?!'

Heyo! I literally just wrote this in class xD.

Thank you so much for reading! I love you all SOOOOOO much! I'd appreciate it if you'd vote, comment, and follow! Byyyeeeeeeeee!