Chapter 39|Not Okay|

(Third Person)

(That is your room when you were four)

You were just peacefully sleeping when your four year old twin brother bursted through the door, waking you up. "I GOT MY QUIRK!" he yelled excitedly.

You took a moment to process what he had just said. Once you understood, a large grin grew on your face. "Really?! That means I got mine too! Let's show Mom!" you cheered.

He then grabbed your wrist and ran towards the living room, pulling you out of bed. "Mom! We got our quirks!" Katsuki yelled.

She smiled at us. "Really?! Can I see?" she asked. We both nodded our heads, feeling more excited than ever.

Katsuki held his hand out in front of him and tiny sparks shot out. "Wow! That's so cool!" you and your mom cheered. She then looked at you and asked,"May I see yours?"

I happily nodded my head and said,"Well, I haven't used it yet, but I'll try to figure it out." Due to the fact that you were twins, as long as you both were in decent health and were able to have a quirk, you'd develop your quirks at the same time.

You held your hand out in front of you, but nothing happened. You tried pushing, but that didn't work either. You furrows your brows in confusion. "I-It's not working..."

If you had just developed your quirk, the smallest thing should set it off, but nothing was happening. Your mother knew this meant something was wrong. "Let's go to the car, NOW!" your mom commanded. She knew that often times, quirks not developing at the same time would be a symptom of cancer.

You and your brother followed your mom to the car feeling scared. As you were strapped into your car seat, you felt tears prickle your eyes.

"It's going to be okay, (N/N)," Katsuki comfortingly said. He always knew when you were upset. It might have been just a twin stereotype, but he could always tell.

You wiped the tears that escaped your eyes and nodded your head.

Time skip

At the moment, you were sitting in the office of Dr. Hanaha. He had just given you an x-ray. You had went through many tests and you seemed completely fine for the most part.

The door clicked open. You watched as a brown haired man walked over to sit at his desk. "Sorry, kid, you're quirkless," said a man sitting across from you at a desk. You felt you're heart suddenly drop. 'Q-Quirkless?!' Your eyes widened, this, to you, was life suddenly smacking you across the face.

"That can't be possible! I'm her twin and I have a quirk!" a small blond boy protested. "I'm sorry kid, but it's true."

He pointed at a projection of the x-ray taken of my foot. "Your pinky-toe has two joints." He looked at you with a frown on his young face. "I'm sorry, but some dreams must die."