Chapter 29|The Field|

I took a deep breath. We were in an large grass field, it was quiet. I would rather lie in the grass and relax, but sadly, that wasn't the reason why I was there. In fact, that was close to the opposite.

I was barefoot. Each blade of grass tickled the bottoms of my foot. The whistle of the wind and the trees filled my ears. It was peaceful, but something was off. 'What about this place feels so familiar?'

"All right, (Y/N), try out your new quirk!" a man said cheerfully. I nodded my head nervously and sighed. I was shaking, it was obvious how scared I was.

"It's ok, just knock down that wood figure of !$& !?$&? from here, then we can go home," the man said, putting his hand on your shoulder. I nodded my head. "Yes, sir." He pouted. "I told you to call me 'Dad'!" he whined.

You giggled a bit and stuck your hands out in front of you. I glared at the large, man-like wood figure that had two winglike wooden pieces on the top of it's "head." It resembled a large man with an odd hairdo that was flexing.

"Fall over," I whispered looking at the wooden figure. The wooden figure fell down, revealing it was just a bunch of carved wooden blocks stacked upon each other. "Good job, sweety!" the man with graying black hair cheered.

I furrowed my brows, I feeling dizzy. "Kyojin...what's happening?" I asked as I struggled to keep my distance. "It's ok, it'll happen the first few times."

With that, darkness filled your eyes. "Kyojin I'm—" You were cut off as the darkness slowly continued to take over. "It's ok, I know," he replied. You couldn't keep your balance any longer, you fell towards the ground, but never made impact. Instead, you felt someone catching you in their arms.

"Moxie! MOXIE SNAP OUT OF IT!" a familiar voice yelled, which snapped you out of your dreaming state and into reality. You shook your head. "Ah, sorry," I said, following Hawks like a lost puppy.

I sighed. "How am I supposed to fight you? You're a professional and I'm just a first-year student at UA," I whined. "You don't have to fight me, you can just try dodging me for ten-minutes," Hawks replies, shrugging.

I felt a droplet of sweat fall down my face. "Uhm, what? You're know for your speed, how the hell am I supposed to do that?" I asked, getting worked up.

He shrugged. "I dunno, but I know you can." I furrowed my brows. "What do you mean? You barely saw my quirk during the sports festival," I asked feeling skeptical. "Nothing you need to know about," Hawks replied, ignoring my question.

'Uhm, okay then?' I sighed and followed him further into the field. After a minute or two of walking, we were finally at the middle of the field. He spread his wings.

"Alright, I will stop attacking when the ten-minutes are over, okay?" I nodded my head, swallowing the lump in my throat. "All right...Go!"

He charged at me. 'Ah crap! I need to dodge him!' My eyes widened. "Pillar!" I yelled, creating a pillar that sent me in the air. 'Crap! Why did I do that? I'm at an disadvantage in the air!'

He flew up. "Land!" I whisper-yelled. My body landed at the ground, barely dodging Hawks. 'I'm not fast enough, but I'll waste too much energy if I...' I bit my lip. 'No, I have to.'

I glared at him. 'Block him' A bunch of wind, blasting in all different directions made it close to impossible to get near me. He sent feathers at me, but they were blown away.

'How much time is left? Probably nine-minutes, we haven't been fighting long. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.' I sighed. 'Air, stop.'

"Solid walls!" I yelled. Solid dirt walls formed all around Hawks, trapping him in some type of room. The walls would only going to block him for a few seconds, but that was enough time for you to think. 'I need to dodge him, the air is my best chance.'

"Send me up in the air," I whisper-yelled as Hawks broke through the ceiling of the "room." I was sent flying into the air. 'Crapcrapcrapcrapcrap!' He flew after me.

"Block him!" I said in a panicked tone. A large gust of air blew at his wings, making it difficult to fly towards me. He sent feathers at me that broke through that gust of wind. "Stop the feathers," I whispered trying to keep my composure.

Powerful winds stopped the feathers dead in their tracks, only inches away from me. 'I'm hardly fast enough, this isn't good. How am I supposed to do this?!'

I sighed. 'Even if it's difficult, it's the only way I can beat him, if its even possible. It may take a lot of energy, but it's faster.' I clenched my eyes closed, trying to focus on the winds. 'Shields of wind. Is that even possible? I dunno, let's just see if this works.'

I found myself standing on what seemed to be winds that blew upwards, make me able to stand. 'How is this even possible?' Hawks charged at me, but he couldn't reach me. He sent feathers that almost cut through the shield, but they didn't reach me.

'Holy crap, will this work?!' I knew it wouldn't, my energy was draining so quickly, I probably would hardly last a few seconds. I was already feeling dizzy and there was still about seven minutes left.

Darkness starred to form around me. 'Sh*t.' The winds stopped holding me in the air, I flew to the ground, slowing losing my consciousness.

'Crap. No, I can't black out. Not now.' I fought against the darkness, I needed to stay awake. Sadly, the darkness won and I could no longer move willingly.

I felt familiar warm arms wrap around me. "It's ok, (Y/N), you did good."

Sorry for not updating! I was just at a close friend's wedding, she was so beautiful ;^;! (I was one of the few single people there xD T^T) Thank you all for reading!

ALSO WE HIT 7K!! I'M SO FRIKEN HAPPY THANK YOU SO FRIKEN MUCH! I LOVE YOU ALL SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO MUCH <3! BYYYYYYEEEE!