Chapter 45|Not Forever|

It's been a week since they first locked you up in your room. Kyojin would visit you every day to "help you", but due to your noncompliance and loss of trust in him, it took a bit longer than he had hoped.

During the week you were locked in your room, Rei and Hugo would come and visit you. Sadly, they weren't allowed to enter your room, but they'd talk to you through the door. This made you feel a lot better during the time you were locked in your room.

Today you were completely fine and you were happy again. They had finally let you out of your room, but Hawks wouldn't leave you alone. It was like he was superglued to your side.

You were walking to the field to just relax since you had just finished a bit of "training" with Kyojin and you wanted to relax. The liquid he injected you with always made you extremely tired. Because he injected you with it, the schedule would be a bit different today.

You were walking through a few halls, noticing that the building smelt of gasoline. Gladly, your sense of smell wasn't too great due to allergies.

Of course, Hawks tagged along. He talked a LOT, but you never replied. You've been up for a few hours and you decided you might as well give the poor guy a chance.

"Hey, Mister—"

"Call me Hawks."

"Right, Hawks. Aren't you a hero?"

He paused for a moment, his face becoming serious.

"Yes."

"Then why are you here?"

"What do you mean?"

"Don't play stupid. I know Kyojin and them are villains."

He frowned and stopped to look at you. "Doesn't that make you a villain as well?" he asked. You frowned and looked down at your feet. You knew the answer and you hated it.

"Yes, but it's more like I'm a hostage," you responded. You knew this would most likely get back to Kyojin, but you didn't care. Even if you supposedly felt better, he couldn't make you ignorant once again.

"Hostage?" Hawks asked in a somewhat surprised voice. "Yeah. I'm being held here against my will and forced into killing people, kinda. I would never of done anything I did if that lunatic didn't alter my mind."

Hawks didn't respond, but that was because he didn't know how to. How could he? This little girl had someone entering her mind to get her to murder people.

Noticing that made him feel a bit uncomfortable, you changed the subject. "I've always wanted to be the first female number one hero."

"First female number one hero, huh? That's cool."

"Yup! Too bad I didn't have a quirk," you said with a sad chuckle.

"Oh right. Say, you had a twin, right?" You smiled at the mention of Katsuki. "Yeah, Kats. He was the only person I really talked to, but he became a real jerk to his friends after he got his quirk."

Hawks chucked at your reminiscing. It was all fun and games when you came to a realization. A realization you've come to hundreds of times since arriving here. 'Katsuki isn't with me anymore.'

"You really love your brother, huh?" Hawks asked with a small smile on his face. "Yeah. I really do. I haven't seen him in...I actually don't know. What day is it?"

"April thirteenth I believe," he responded. You stopped dead in your tracks. "What? Already?" you asked.

He nodded his head, furrowing his brows in confusion. "It's my birthday a week from now. Wow, I've really been gone for almost a year now."