Chapter 87|Protect|

Still Hugo's POV (Ten years ago)

I had to protect that innocent glow in (Y/N)'s eyes that had already began to fade.

I stood in the field. It was the one place where you could find a little bit of privacy, but not get yelled at by Kyojin.

I wasn't alone. I stood with Rei by my side, Jake, Rika, and supposed hero, Hawks, in front of me. It was sad, I looked up to Hawks two years ago, before I was taken.

"Why the hell are you making me spend my free time out here with disgusting bugs?" Rika hissed. She could be nice, but she didn't like me. Jake looked at her with a slightly disappointed expression before turning back to me.

"Yeah, why did you call me here? If this is some secret or whatever, you should know that I do work under Kyojin—" Hawks said, before being cut off.

"Yes, we know," Rei said with an eyebrow raised.

I cleared my throat and began speaking.

"(Y/N). That's why we're here. We need to get her out," I explained.

Rika looked at me like I had forgotten my own name, like I was an idiot.

"Why only her? I have a family I miss too," Rika explained.

"Because, his plan will need all of us working together to outsmart Kyojin—," I responded.

"—but it might risk us losing our lives," Rei added. He was completely incapable of at least not telling the full truth.

"Not really selling it," Jake told Rei.

"Alright, I'm done here," Rika said with a sigh before turning towards the building we lived in.

"WAIT!" I desperately yelled out.

Rika sighed and turned around.

"Fine, try selling it to me. I don't like waiting," Rika sassily explained. How could Jake be friends with her, let alone crush on her?

"All four of us, I'll get to why Hawks is here soon, can proudly say we want revenge on Kyojin for everything he's done to all of us. Also, we all know that (Y/N) has the strongest quirk among all of us, and she's good at using it. If we can get (Y/N) out, I know for a fact that she, most likely with our help, will eventually able to bring down All For One," I explained, sounding just like a hopeful child, which I was.

"What about Kyojin?" Jake asked.

"It all starts with us killing him," Rei explained, finally helping me out.

"I'm in," Rika said with a smirk. She hated Kyojin almost as much as (Y/N) did.

"If Rika is, I am too," Jake explained.

"Why am I here? What's stopping me from reporting this all to him right now?" Hawks asked.

I smirked at him.

"(Y/N), she has this thing where she grows on people. I haven't really seen her communicate with many people, but often times people will get attached after being with her for only a short amount of time. It's quite remarkable. You have spend countless of hours with her, and I've seen how protective you get with her. You even dare to argue with Kyojin about her injections. You're very loud, by the way," I explained, as I held a cock smirk.

Hawks stayed silent. He knew I was right, he knew he had grown to care for the (E/C) eyed girl with a big heart.

"You don't have to do anything bad, just hold (Y/N) back when everything goes down. This'll take place in two weeks, I will tell you all the day before it happens," I explained.