Chapter 30|Forever|

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)! Get up, get up!" I heard someone yelling my name. My eyes fluttered open and I was greeted by the gorgeous blue sky and a gorgeous boy.

"I knew you'd be here!" the boy said seeming more excited than normal. I giggled. "Of course I am, I'm always here between training sessions. Anyways, what's got you all excited?"

He grinned ear-to-ear as he spoke. "Kyojin decided to train with Jake, Hugo, and Rika! While it means more training time for them, but we get free time! Isn't that awesome?" the white-haired boy cheered. "Yeah, Rei, it really is awesome," I said while sitting up. I felt bad for them, but at this place, you need to fight for your own life.

I kept finding myself staring at him. He was a whole six years older than me! He had short, messy, pure white hair and pastel indigo eyes. He has lived here with Kyojin his whole life, but they weren't related. Rei's quirk makes him able to turn into any animal that he's touched as long as the species wasn't extinct when he had developed his quirk. He can also just have some of the features of the animal, like maybe a fox tail! Even though I found him handsome, I wasn't attracted to him.

"Hellooo? Earth to (Y/N)!" he said waving his hand in my face. "Uh...oh! Yes, Rei?" I responded. He pouted and sat in front of me. "You're so mean! It's like you don't ever listen to me!" he whined.

"I'm sorry! I just spaced out," I responded as he continued to pout. "As I was saying, I was wondering if you wanted to check out something I made!" he said in an excited tone. I smiled at him and nodded my head.

He grinned and grabbed my wrist. My eyes widened as he pulled me up onto my feet and ran off. "W-Wait, Rei! Where are we going?" I asked in a louder voice. "Don't worry, it's just over here in the trees!"

He ran into the forest of oak trees, still holding my wrist. "Look!" he said, still very excited. As he pulled me past some bushes and into the trees, I tripped on a stick causing me to stumble a bit. I was still weak from my recent training with Kyojin.

Once I had regained my balance, my eyes fell upon one tree. He had scraped drawings of planets and stars onto the trunk of the tree. In the middle was words that said,"Rei and (Y/N), best friends forever," in messy handwriting.

I smiled and felt tears sting my eyes. "Awe...Rei!" I said before wrapping my arms around him and pulling him in for a hug. "You're the best friend ever!" I cheered. He giggled and hugged my tiny body back. "Forever?" he asked. I smiled and responded,"Forever!"

My eyes fluttered open, I was greeted by a familiar beautiful blue sky . I groaned and rubbed my aching head.

A drop of water escaped my eyes. 'Tears?' I furrowed my brows in confusion. I sat up and saw Hawks was on the phone.

"You said it would help her! She ended up using too much energy and passing out! She would've died if I hadn't caught her in time!" he yelled into his phone. 'What? Who is he talking to?'

"Fine, but if the poor girl gets hurt, I'm out! Got it?" he growled. "Okay, bye!" he yelled in an agitated tone. He took his phone off his ear and angrily ended the call.

I tilted my head in curiosity. "Who was that?" I asked. He sighed and turned away. "No one. C'mon let's go patrol," he said walking away.

I nodded my head and followed him, but something was nagging at me. I turned around and looked at the familiar forest of oak trees. 'Odd...it's probably nothing.'

I turned back to Hawks and followed him. As we walked out of the field, we walked past a large, deteriorated wall. It was made of an odd black material. 'Something about this place...'