Chance II

When they were still together, every time after work, Haise would be very excited to go and see Touka. The feeling of breaking up with her still haven't sunk in fully and he is struggling to force himself not to go to Re. He tells himself that he needs to head straight back to the Chateau and do his work.

After the breakup, Touka has been thinking. All this time, she took Haise as Kaneki but who does she actually love? Sometimes when there are no customers, she would just sit and stare into space, thinking what would have happened if she hadn't thought of Haise as Kaneki. Would they still have been together?

She then tried to remember all of the times they had together.

How Haise would always surprise her with gifts like flowers or accessories, how he would find creative ways to make her smile, how he would desperately try to comfort her in sad times, pulling the both ends of his mouth in an attempt to make her laugh or hugging her from behind and whispering words of comfort.

Not forgetting those intimate moments they shared where they would just have a make-out session which would eventually lead to sex. Touka still remembers the first time they made love. She remembered that he never made fun of her being a virgin or of her body. He was so gentle and told her that it was alright, that he didn't mind it at all.

Though his puns were the worse, she liked them. He was a very cheerful person and to her, being able to see his smile would always make her feel better, no matter how horrible her day was. After recalling that day where his grey eyes expressed pain and his face displayed a hurtful expression, then she realized she was horrible in the way, having treated him as Kaneki all this time.

His silly puns, his bright smile and his caring personality. And now she realized that she was not in love with Kaneki anymore, but with Haise.

She misses him. Feeling tears stain her cheeks, she wiped them away and grabbed her phone, texting and dialing him. As expected, he never answered any of them and Touka decided she would have to personally see him.

Though he might not want to see her, she wants to tell him her feelings. After that, if he still doesn't want to get back with her, she will leave and promise to never get involved with him anymore. So she makes her way to a ghoul' most dreaded place. The Commission of Counter Ghoul.

---

The violet haired female clutched the strap of her sling bag tightly as she stood outside the tall building, watching as many investigators made their way in and out. Having checked Haise's schedule beforehand, he usually leaves the building at 4pm for an investigation so she is waiting right there to ambush him.

Looking down at her watch, the minute the arrows point to 4, she directed her attention to the entrance and watched as a certain white and black haired male exited. Staring at him, she noticed there was an addition to his face. Black eye circles. She's worried. Was he sleeping well and taking good care of his own body? When they were together, he never had black eye circles because she always forced him to rest.

But she didn't have time for thoughts and ran after him. After having caught up with him, she grabbed his wrist and he turned around, eyes widening.

"S-Sasaki, please listen to what I have to say!" She said, breathless as it's been a long time since she ran that fast.

The male shook her hand off and turned away, avoiding eye contact. "I don't want to hear it. I have a case to settle, so please excuse me."

Before she could try, he escaped. She watched as his figure slowly disappeared. Haise...

So the next day she decided to try again, standing outside the CCG at the same spot and same time, waiting for him. He noticed after a few days and started to go out as a group with others or avoid using that way to exit by going out from another exit. His heart hurts. He misses her but he doesn't want to get hurt anymore.