Kou

Pic belongs to neimana on tumblr. Do check her art out!

So on tumblr, there's this touken 125-anniversary event and this fic is to celebrate it :)

Au where Tokyo goes back to normal and the new parents bought a house to live in.

I finally wrote a one-shot about new parents Kaneki and Touka with their kid. Been dragging it for so long. This was quite hard to write as I didn't know how babies are like so I had to do lots of research on it. Please comment/vote if you liked it. Now onto the story!

Today is May 20th, when Kou—Kaneki's and Touka's baby boy turns five months old. It was a usual day in the Kaneki household, where the first thing Kaneki would do after waking up, is to head over to his son's crib that was just beside their bed. Making sure not to make any noises that would awake Kou, he stared down at his baby boy who wore a blue rabbit onesie—one that Touka insisted that they buy for him—with a huge grin on his face.

It's been a year since he got together with Touka, and 5 months since she gave birth to a healthy half-ghoul boy. When Kou first came into this world, Touka was pissed that even though she was the one who carried him for so many months, he resembled his father more than he resembled her. It took a long time for Kaneki to persuade her that Kou had her cute button nose and slim lips. He laughed softly at the memory.

He still believes that he doesn't deserve this happiness but having his wife tell him otherwise every day is starting to sink into him. His heart warmed at the thought of finally having a family of his own and spending the rest of his life with them, knowing that they'll choose him.

Kaneki let out a chuckle when his son smiled in his sleep and he couldn't help but move to poke his boy's button nose—the one that he inherited from Touka. Kou scrunched up his nose and slowly opened his grey eyes. He stared up at his father, hands raising to reach him and let out a cute giggle.

He grinned as he watched his son try to grab the rabbits hanging from the mobile on the crib. From the books he had read, 5 months old babies usually have more strength to grab stuff and he watched on to see if Kou could do that. To his surprise or horror, he didn't know which, his son did manage to grab one of the rabbits but he yanked it so hard that it broke off from the string.

This is how the crib mobile looks like!

Though he was sure he didn't mind nor Touka would, the thing that scared the shit out of him was Kou bringing the rabbit to his open mouth and attempted to eat it

Though he was sure he didn't mind nor Touka would, the thing that scared the shit out of him was Kou bringing the rabbit to his open mouth and attempted to eat it. Kaneki's face paled and he quickly snatched the rabbit from his son. "You can't eat that, Kou!"

He didn't know whether it was because of him slightly raising his voice or taking the rabbit away from him, Kou started wailing.

"Ahh!! He's crying! Oh no. What should I do?" Kaneki turned to his wife, who was still deep in sleep before turning back to his son. His hands reached into the crib and took his son into his arms, slowly rocking him. "Don't cry! I'm sorry but you can't eat Usagi-San, okay? Mama will get angry!"