Asphyxia

Request for AshLost26

--

Black Reaper Ken x Re Touka

 Asphyxia  -  a condition arising when the body is deprived of oxygen, causing unconsciousness or death; suffocation.

--

"Asuka, I'm home! I bought some of your favorite donuts!" Kaneki called as he shrugged off his coat and shoes before making his way into the living room. Hearing no response from his girlfriend—whom he's been dating for a year, he walked towards his bedroom and jumped at the sound of someone moaning. His hand reached for the doorknob and he opened the door to reveal Asuka, in only her underwear, embraced by a man he didn't know and had his lips on her neck. On his bed. It turned out that the person moaning was Asuka and Kaneki's grey eyes widened when they met hers.

"Oh. You're home. Sorry you had to see that," Asuka nonchalantly said as she grabbed her shirt to put it on whilst the male hastily threw his shirt and pants on and avoided all eye contact with Kaneki. "I've been wanting to break up with you since a few months ago but couldn't find the right timing to do it. Now's the perfect time. Thank you for the relationship, Kaneki. It was fun while it lasted. I'll be leaving now."

Kaneki's eyes shot open and he felt cold sweat drip down his temple. He stared up at the white ceiling then turned to the side to face the wall before realizing that it was a nightmare. A horrible, horrible nightmare of something that actually did happen, 5 years ago when he just graduated from university and was just starting off as an artist. He forced himself out of bed, changed his sweaty clothes into a new set before heading to the kitchen to make himself a cup of coffee and realizing that he didn't have any more left.

Tch.

The black haired male returned to his room, threw on a pair of outside clothes and headed out. Jamming his hands into his pockets, he briskly walked towards the nearest convenience store to get a decent, drinkable brand of coffee and went back the same way he came from. He planned to go home, drink the coffee he bought and make his new art piece.

But it seemed that God had other plans for him, as he came across a small art store in the corner of a street, the name being 'Re'. He decided to pay it a visit since he was running out of art utensils and didn't have any inspiration to paint anyways, which had been a thing for weeks.

His name is Kaneki Ken, a renowned artist who draws and paints anything and everything, as long as he has inspiration. He's mostly known for his scenery paintings and portraits of people. People queue to go his art exhibitions and fight to buy his art pieces because that's just how valuable his art is to them. But he is not the friendly and approachable man everyone sees him to be on media. In reality, he is short-tempered, easily irritated, mean and impatient. He wasn't like this until 5 years ago, when Asuka cheated on him and his personality did a 360 degrees change. He is no longer the gentle, caring and gullible boy he was.

The bell chimed as he entered the store and a female worker who was restocking the supplies smiled at him. "Welcome."

He couldn't take his eyes off of her the moment he saw her. It was as if inspiration immediately struck him, even though he's been stuck for weeks. Taking a walk around the shop, he pretended to look at the brushes but had his eyes glancing over to her once every few seconds as she walked around with a basket of art supplies hanging from her arm and a notepad in her hand. She had short fluffy violet hair, a pair of ocean-blue eyes, a small button nose and pink lips. His eyes travel down the pale skin of her slim neck, to her hourglass figure. She was inspiration itself. That was when he decided that he'd make her his model for his new art.