Pistanthrophobia

Pistanthrophobia - fear of trusting people due to prior negative experiences with romantic partners.

A/N: Touka's hair is fluffy light blue & Ken's hair is black with Shironeki's hair length.

"How do you feel today, Ako-chan? Any heart pain?" Doctor Kaneki asked the young girl.

She grinned, teeth showing in her huge smile. "I'm okay, Doctor! When can I leave this place? I wanna go to school!"

He used the stethoscope and listened to the steady beat of her heart. Hanging the scope back onto his neck, he ruffled the girl's head with a smile. "You seem like you're okay. I'll talk to your mom about letting you leave the hospital, okay?"

The girl's smile widened. "Thank you!"

Kaneki left the ward, turned right at the door and almost knocked into someone—if it weren't for their quick reflexes in stepping aside. Unfortunately, the stack of files in their hands fell to the floor and they quickly squatted down to pick them up. "I'm so sorry." They apologized.

His ears perked up at the familiar voice and he held his breath in her throat when he saw his crush right in front of him. Kirishima Touka. She's been a nurse at the hospital for almost 3 years now and despite how he scary she was to him at first, he slowly fell in love with her after finding out that she's a very kind and understanding person.

The ward where they worked in required them to be able to communicate with children well and not only she hit it off with the children immediately, she even helped him slowly get used to interacting with them. He was a shy person overall, who had extremely low communication and interpersonal skills, and it was she who helped him build it up.

He quickly bent down to help her pick the files up. "No, it's my fault too. I'm sorry." He could smell the rose scent of her perfume and his heart started to race from the proximity they were at. As he gathered the files strewn all over the floor, he can't help but steal a glance at her. She wore her usual white nurse uniform, but she had makeup on today.

"Are you going somewhere later?" He casually asked, hoping that it wasn't a question that invaded her privacy.

Touka pushed some hair to the back of her ear and smiled. "Ah yes, I'm going to see my boyfriend later."

His heart dropped to the bottom of his rib cage and he stood up, passing the files back to her. "I see... Well then, have fun." He forced a smile before quickly walking away from her.

He's been crushing on her ever since he entered this hospital a year ago and though he knew she had a boyfriend, he still couldn't stop his affection for her. Whenever they stayed back at night to work at the ward or office, she would talk about her boyfriend sometimes and he would listen, for she always looked so happy whenever she mentioned him. Though it killed him inside to see her happy because of another guy, her smile always made his day.

Touka quickly finished her work and specially bought a cake to share with her boyfriend tonight. Hoping that the cake would appease the anger from their fight a week ago and he wouldn't be too surprised by her sudden visit, she hummed in excitement as she reached into her bag for the keys, and unlocked the door to his apartment. The moment the door opened, she heard moans and gasps, and being curious, she slowly walked into the bedroom to find her boyfriend having sex with another woman.

The cake box she held in her hand dropped to the floor as she had her eyes wide at the sight. Her voice wavered. "Takeshi..?"

Said boyfriend and woman scrambled to grab their clothes to cover their modesty and the girl ran past her and out of the door. Takeshi threw his clothes on and stared coolly at Touka. "Let's have a talk somewhere else, shall we?"