Dove & Ghoul

AU. Touka is a dove and Kaneki was born a half ghoul.

"Investigator Kirishima. You are tasked to go to the 20th ward to monitor the ghouls residing there. Kill them once they have been identified."

"Yes sir."

___

"Good afternoon, Investigator Kirishima." People of the Commissions walked past her as they greeted respectfully.

In the Commissions of Counter Ghoul (CCG), Kirishima Touka is known as one of the top investigators, just one level below the CCG's White Reaper, Arima Kishou. Arima is the number one investigator in CCG for defeating the most number of ghouls. Touka is number 2.

___

Touka put on a cap, a white long sleeved shirt and black shorts. Her quinque was hidden in her shirt, in case the suspect, attacked her.

Hiding behind a stack of boxes in the supermarket, she watched as the black haired male approach the coffee section with a basket hanging from his arm.

Thirty minutes later...

The violet-haired female rolled her eyes as he picked up another brand of coffee and scrutinized it. How long does it take for you to choose a brand of coffee beans?! Hurry up!

She could feel the stares of other customers burning into her back but she didn't care. Her job was to observe and kill ghouls when necessary, after all.

Her eyes lit up when he finally decided on which brand of coffee to buy. Finally! After 30 minutes of watching him trying to decide between the few amount of brands.

Touka eyed his basket from afar. The amount of coffee he was going to buy was totally abnormal. 10 packets of coffee beans at one go? No normal human would do that.

Why? He could have been a coffee addict and drinks a few times of coffees a day and therefore the huge purchase.

Then again, every time he visits the supermarket, all he buys is coffee and nothing else.

After making payment, he headed outside and she followed closely behind him, concealing herself every now and then.

The gradual pitter patter of coming rain against the stone pavement reached her ears.  She looked up and cursed. Why the hell did I not bring an umbrella with me?! The weather report this morning said that it would rain!

The male opened his umbrella and continued to walk, oblivious to the stalker. Touka chases after him and fwoosh! Her feet slipped and she found herself falling on her stomach, face down. Her huge fall creates a huge splash sound.

He turned to the source of the loud splash and quickly stretched his arm, holding out his hand. "Are you alright?" He asked, seriously concerned about her.

Shit! He noticed me! I failed as a stalker!

"Y-yes."

Taking her hand, he pulled her up and grabbed his handkerchief from his back pocket. "Here, you can use this."

"Thanks." She dabs the almost useless small handkerchief on her face and neck in a feeble attempt to get rid of as much of the rainwater as possible.

"If you're alright, would you like to come over to my house? I can run a hot bath for you. You'll catch a cold if you stay in those clothes."

Touka stared at him. Why is he being so nice to a stranger like me? Should I accept his offer? What he's saying makes sense though. And I need to investigate him.