Christmas

Christmas Special

Mumbling something that he couldn't catch, Touka turned on her side and snuggled into Kaneki's chest, snoring softly. He smiled and kissed her forehead before directing his gaze to the window. Something white dropped down and his eyes widened.

"Is that snow?" He asked, talking to no one in particular. Kaneki continues to watch and hopes that it wasn't just his imagination.

There it is, another snowflake. "It's snow!" He exclaimed, completely forgetting Touka is still asleep.

"Shut up you idiot." Hitting his chest, she earned an "ow" from him.

Kaneki jumped out of bed. "But Touka-chan, it's snow!"

She raised her body from the bed and sat up. "Let me ask you something. Is this your first time seeing snow?"

"No..."

"Then shut the hell up and come back to bed." She growled. He obeyed her, despite being sad that he didn't get to see the first snow with her.

Sensing his disappointment, Touka told him that she'll see the snow with him after she wakes up. He pulls the blanket over them, contented.

3 hours later...

Kaneki cracked open his eyes as he heard the birds outside chirping. He slowly got up and stretched his arms.

Turning to his darling and caressing her cheek, he says while smiling, "It's already 11am, time to wake up."

Touka furrowed her eyebrows and made a noise. Getting up, she attempted to get out of bed but found herself leaning against his arm instead, falling asleep again. His girlfriend was really cute when she's not awake but she has to get up.

He picked her up like a princess and walked towards the bathroom.

---

"I'll make coffee." Touka offered and went to the kitchen before Kaneki could protest.

She came back 3 minutes later with two cups of steaming coffee in her hands.

The two sipped their coffee, both sighing as warmth filled their bodies on a cold snowy morning.

Kaneki was the first to finish and quickly got changed into his winter jacket. "Come on Touka-chan! Let's go out and see the snow!"

"Jeez. So energetic early in the morning.." Looking at him staring outside the window like a kid, she smiled. Well, it's not so bad.

Once she's done, they open the back door of their house and stepped into the backyard.

"The snow's all piled up. Be careful." He took her hand and slowly walked further out.

They stood by the fence and looked at the beautiful scenery before them. Everything was clad in snow; it was like God took the city and dipped it in white solution.

Then, Touka had an idea. Their backyard is big enough for that. She squatted down and gathered some snow into her hand, making it into a ball. He looked down at her, puzzled at what she's attempting to do.

Standing up and moving some distance away, she threw the snowball she just made at his face then laughed. That look on his face before the snowball landed was priceless.

The boy, wanting to get revenge, did the same thing as his girlfriend, throwing a ball at her to which she dodged.

"Touka-channnn! Come back here!!" Kaneki shouted playfully as he chased after her.

She laughed and ran away from him. "Cold!" Turning her head back and seeing his Kagune holding snowballs, she screamed, "you cheater!"

"You never said Kagune wasn't allowed!" He said cheekily and threw all the snowballs he had at her. She couldn't avoid all of them and got hit by some.

The snowball fight went on for some time which left both of them panting and gasping for air after some time passed.

"Done already?" Kaneki asked.

"Who says I'm done?" Touka replied.

They each gathered one last snowball and ran towards each other.

"GAHHHHH!!" Both shouted.

At that moment, Touka slipped and crashed into Kaneki. He groaned at the pain exploding at the back of his head when it hit the floor.

"Ouch... T-Touka-chan are you alright?!"

As usual, he put his girlfriend's safety before his own.

Slowly getting up, she replied, '"yeah because you took the fall."

The couple looked at each other for a few seconds before bursting out into laughter.

Kaneki sat up. "That was fun."

"Mm." Touka wraps her arms around his neck and pulls him in for a kiss. One kiss turned into a make out session.

They finally separated. With red cheeks, he asked, "s-shall we go in?" She nods and gets off of him, pulling him up in the process.

Removing their jackets, they settled down in front of the heater, warming themselves up. Touka rubbed her hands together and blowed at them. Kaneki noticed that, took her hands into his and held them.

She looked over to him and he smiled. "That way it won't be so cold."

Flushing, she turned her head away. He scooted over next to her and wrapped an arm around her waist.

"Ken.. Do you want to open your present? I got one for you."

Kaneki's face lit up. "You did? Yes please!" It was rare that his girlfriend buy presents and he was curious as to what she bought for him.

Touka stood up and took a box into her hands, handing it to him. He looked at the wrapping briefly before tearing it off. Opening the box, he peeked inside.

"I-i hope you don't mind me giving you that.."

He brought out a rabbit stuffed toy from the box. It was wearing blue shirt and pants with a tag around its neck with his name on it. 'Kaneki Ken, my boyfriend.' It must have taken quite a lot of her pride to engrave those words there.

Tears formed in his eyes and he rushed to hug her tightly. "Thank you so much, I like it a lot.."

She hugged back awkwardly, not sure of what to do to stop his crying.

Kaneki dried his tears. "I bought one for you too but it's the same.." He passed her a box and watched as she opened it.

The same rabbit was brought out but only the clothes were different. They were pink. The tag had the words, 'Kirishima Touka, my girlfriend' written on it.

Girlfriend.. Hugging the rabbit close to her, Touka smiled. That word really made her feel like she's the only one for him.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

Taking her hand, Kaneki led her to the door. "What are we doing here?" She asked.

Raising his head, he replied, "Do you see that?"

A mistletoe was above their heads.

Hm? When did it get there? What were you supposed to do under a mistletoe again?She questioned herself.

She soon found out when Kaneki pressed his lips against hers.

---

The two rabbits lay against each other, cuddling, just like their owners.

Merry Christmas.

---

Pardon my mistakes, if any because either I couldn't find or I'm blind. XD

Okay soo this is very late Christmas one shot and today is the last day of the year. Time passes so fast. I still remember when I started writing one shots. I was still an amateur (I still am) and I have to give my thanks to my best friend, Krystal, because she was the one who inspired me to start writing. Thank you.

And a big thank you to all of you who have read and supported my work until today. Without you guys, I wouldn't be who I am today. (Lots of views) I hope you will continue to do so!

Happy new year!