Couple

Request for @-yhayr-

The timid black-haired clenched his fists and gathered his courage to speak up. "U-Um! K-Kirishima-san! Can I talk to you for a moment?" After finishing his question, he closed his eyes and tilted his head down, hoping in his heart that she would say yes.

Touka kinda guessed what he was going to do. "Sure. Give me a moment." She walked out the door and brought the sign in, signalling to future customers that Anteiku is closed for the day.

She returned the sign to where it belonged and took off her apron before turning to him.

"Yes?"

"U-Um K-Kirishima-san! I am Kaneki Ken and I have been looking at you for quite some time! I like you! Please accept this!" The male stretched out his arms and in his hands contained a letter with a heart-shaped sticker on it.

"Is that a love letter? Seriously?"

Kaneki lifted his head as he noticed a change in the tone of his crush's voice.

"K-Kirishima-San?"

"What are you, a grade schooler?" Touka laughed. "I can't believe a university student like you would actually write a love letter!"

Kaneki looked at her, baffled. He never knew the cute and pretty girl he had been watching for the past month would turn out to be like this.

"I refuse. Unless you can make me fall in love with you within the next month, I won't go out with you."

Kaneki's heart fell to pit bottom. After some hesitation, he finally decided.

"I-I'll try my best! I'll come back tomorrow!" He squeezed the love letter into her hands and ran away.

"Hmm... Not bad. Most of the guys whom I told that to usually run away. I guess it wouldn't hurt to read this letter." Touka shrugged as she opened the letter.

"Dear Kirishima-san, I do not know your first name so I will address you as that.

My name is Kaneki Ken, I have been watching you for the past month and I have fallen in love with you. I love how you try your best at everything and many others.

Please give me a chance to get to know you better.

Kaneki"

"He's a weird guy..." Touka spoke to herself.

The next day he really came back. He sat at the counter in front of Touka and tried talking to her.

She replied a little as she didn't want to be rude; he's a customer after all.

He took that positively and visited her everyday. Touka started to think that he wasn't such a bad guy as he didn't really have any ulterior motives for hanging out with her beside his feelings for her.

The guys who have chased Touka before all only looked at her appearance and didn't know of the real her. During the time she spent with him, she gradually warmed up to him and they became close friends.

---

"Touka, I brought flowers for you today. You told me you hated real ones, so I brought fake ones." Kaneki passed the bouquet of blue flowers to her.

"Thank you." Touka took the bouquet from him and smelled the flowers, they smelled nice even though they were fake.

"Beautiful..."

"Huh?" Touka looked at him.

"Ah no I was just thinking that the flowers really fit you, the color of your eyes as well." Kaneki scratched his cheek with his index finger while blushing.