Overprotective

Set after Dragon Arc

Pregnant Touka x Kingneki

Touka thought that it was cute how Kaneki was overprotective of her sometimes. Or so she thought.

Ken yawned as he exited the bedroom wearing only his pajama pants. "Touka, have you seen my shirt—" his eyes bulged out when he saw his 5-month pregnant wife standing behind the kitchen counter, holding a knife and cutting a carrot. He sprinted over to her, grabbed the knife and placed it a considerably safe distance away from her. "What are you doing?! You could've hurt yourself and our kid!"

"What? We're ghouls, we don't get hurt by knives!" She exclaimed.

"But the human food you've been eaten makes your body weaker. Besides, you shouldn't be doing any chores, you can sit down somewhere and let me do it." He glanced towards the living room, took her hand and guided her to sit on the couch. Grabbing the remote control to turn on the television, he moved to kiss Touka's pouting cheeks before hurrying to the kitchen to continue what she was doing earlier.

She likes that he cared about her but she didn't like how he was going about it.

As she sat there forcing down the disgusting carrots, she can't help but look over to her husband who was keeping the clothes and dropping them into the laundry basket. Ahh, she was so bored. She wants to help. So she stood up and walked towards him, taking the t-shirt he had in his hand. "I'll help. It'll be faster if we do together."

"Wha—no no it's okay. I can't have you slip and fall. You can go sit! I'll do it!" Kaneki took the shirt back from her and walked her back to the couch—where he sat her down again before going back to do the house chores. Touka's cheeks puffed out and she folded her arms as she sank into the sofa, eyes never leaving her husband's back.

Once all of the clothes were collected, he carried the basket with ease and sat down beside her on the sofa. She beamed as she thought that he would finally let her do some chores, but frowned when he pushed her hands away from the basket. "I'll do it. You can watch the television if you want to. Just relax."

The female groaned and laid down to her side. She was sulking now because he wouldn't let her do anything. She's only 5 months pregnant, for god's sake and he's treating her as if she's 9 months in. After sitting in silence for a few minutes, Kaneki glanced over and noticed how she had her lower lip pouted out and eyebrows furrowed. He knows that look. She's upset.

"Touka, are you unhappy that I won't let you do any chores?"

"What do you think?"

"..I'm just trying to protect you."

At that, she snapped up and glared at him. "There you go again, acting like you're the hero! I'm pregnant, Ken. Not disabled. But you are treating me like one. I'll have you know that even if I'm on my last month of pregnancy, I still can clean the windows, mop the floor and clear the clothes. Who do you think I am?"

Though she was seething with anger at first, she slowly calmed herself down and her eyes softened as she stared into his grey ones. "I just want to do things together with you. You know, be a proper and good wife. Is that too hard to ask for?"

He squeezed her hand and stared apologetically at her. "I'm sorry... I'll stop doing that. But please remember that I'm doing this because I love you and our child, and I don't want the both of you to get hurt. I read up a little bit on pregnancy and I know how tough it is carrying a child around. I just wanted to lighten your burden."