I'll Save You

Requested by : @thethirteenth_ & @touken14

OKAY. A warning first. If you're an emotional person, don't read this at work or school, read it at home ^^

Kaneki and Touka were now on the run after being found out by the CCG.

"Touka-chan!" Kaneki shouted as he ran back to his lover who was kneeling on the ground and coughing up huge amounts of blood.

He was fine due to his fast regeneration but Touka did not have that.

"Shit... They hit an organ..." Touka cursed and looked up at Kaneki. "Go on without me, Kaneki. At this rate, I'll just be a nuisance to you."

"What are you talking about? I'm not leaving you! Here, eat!" He tore a piece of meat from his shoulder and passed it to her. She took it and start chewing on it.

Satisfied, he turned to face his back towards her and gestured to her to climb onto his back for he will carry her.

Touka grudgingly got onto his back and he stood up, using his Kagune to make a dome to cover her; preventing her from harm.

He started running towards the 6th ward which used to be his old hideout with Banjou and the others. They are still living there so Kaneki decided to hand Touka over to them for safety.

After an hour of on the run, Kaneki finally lost the Doves and ran to his old hideout. He slammed opened the door and Banjou and the other three jumped up from their seats. "K-Kaneki?! What are you doing here?"

"No time for explanation." Kaneki quickly let Touka down onto the ground. "You guys, I have a favor. Treat her wounds and give her some meat. One of her organs got damaged."

"Yes right away!" Banjou and the others scrambled to find the first aid kit and some meat.

"Touka-chan look at me." Kaneki lightly patted her cheek to wake her up.

"Nngh... Kaneki?" Touka moaned softly before opening her eyes.

"Touka-chan I'll leave you in the hands of my trusted comrades, Banjou and his three underlings. I'll go back to 20th ward and finish the Doves off before coming back here, okay?"

Kaneki knew he wouldn't make it back here. At all. With that many investigators chasing them, there's no way that he will win. But if there's a slight chance, he will gladly take up that risk to save her even if it means sacrificing himself.

"No... You can't leave... Don't leave me..." Tears slipped down Touka's cheeks and she pulled on his sleeve.

"I won't die. I promise. When I get back, we'll get married here and have children alright? For now, just be patient." Kaneki caressed her cheeks gently.

Tears continued to spill out of her eyes. "No... Don't go..."

She knew it. She knew Kaneki was going to sacrifice himself for her and she wouldn't allow it.

Touka pulled his neck closer and wrapped her arms around it. "I won't let you go."

"Touka-chan please!" Kaneki pleaded.

"The meat is-" Banjou stopped when he found Kaneki on top of her on the floor and hid behind a wall to watch the scene before him.

Kaneki inhaled her scent.

This will be the last time I'm going to smell my favorite scent... He thought.

He was on the verge of crying and if he continue to remain in her arms, he will really cry. He pulled away hesitantly from her and kissed her forehead, moving to her cheeks then to her lips.

Their tongues swayed past each other and returned to their own mouths, returning the hot and passionate kiss to just a normal kiss conveying what words could not.

They released with a string of saliva between their lips.

Our last kiss... Touka thought as she raised her hands to caress his face. She took this time to look clearly at his face and made sure she carved it into her mind.

Touka knew she couldn't stop Kaneki; he's a really stubborn person.

"Kaneki... I'll be waiting for you..." Touka could feel her consciousness fading away so she wanted to say everything before she passed out. "When you get back, I want to have a boy and a girl..."

"Yeah. We'll have lots of children." Kaneki placed his hands over hers. His eyes secreted water but Touka never noticed as she had lost consciousness.

Kaneki let his tears drop before releasing his hands and standing up. He wiped his tears away and turned to Banjou.

"Banjou, I'll be going back to 20th ward and most likely never return. Will you do me another favor?"

"Yes."

"Please take care of Touka when I'm gone." He flashed a sad smile before looking back at her.

"Yes I will."

Kaneki walked over to Banjou and patted his back. "I'll owe you forever."

"Kaneki. You're a true man. Don't worry I'll take care of her. And thank you for everything."

"Mm. Thanks Banjou-San. See you later."

With that, Kaneki went off and never came back.

Investigators stopped coming after Touka as well.

---

A week after Kaneki's passing, Banjou did as Kaneki had instructed and passed Touka the box.

"What's this?" Touka looked down at the box.

"Kaneki asked me to pass this to you."

"Kaneki? Thanks."

For once in that week, she felt really happy. She waited all week for Kaneki to come back. She had hope.

❗️PLEASE START PLAYING THE VIDEO I ATTACHED STARTING FROM HERE.❗️

Touka went back to her room and sat down on her bed. She opened the box and her eyes widened.

The box contained a ring, necklace, a picture of Kaneki and her and a letter.

She picked up the letter and starting reading it.

"Dearest Touka-chan, this box contains my most treasured belongings.

I have informed Banjou beforehand that shall anything happen to me, he will pass this box to you.

Do you still remember the photo we took on our first date? I still treasure it until now and I will even after I'm dead.

The ring and necklace are for you. I had thought of giving them to you but I never got the courage to do it. I know you like rabbits so I got them to make it specially for you rabbit-shaped.

I may be gone in this world forever but I will always be in your heart and you will always be in mine.

I'm sorry I didn't keep my promise but I still want to tell you something.

Now that I'm already gone, I want to tell them to you. I love you, Touka-chan. Please don't cry, I don't want to see you suffer because of me. If I knew this would happen, I would have never become your boyfriend.

But if we meet again in another life, I think I would still fall in love with you all over again. You were the one who gave me a reason to live. Thank you for everything."

Tears dropped down onto the letter she was reading.

"See you later, Touka-chan."

---

Okay there you go your tragedy!

Please leave me alone in a corner for a while and let me cry my eyes out. I literally started crying when I wrote this. REALLY. Starting from the part where they were talking about kids till the end.

This might be my saddest one shot yet. I have never cried this long writing a one shot.

I hope you guys liked this tragedy and please don't request one in a while, I'm depressed 😭 hahah