Vampire x Human

AU. Characters may act a little differently from their normal personality.

---

There are supernatural beings in this world. Frankensteins, ghosts, werewolves, witches and vampires used to roam the world. Though they existed a long time ago, many have gone extinct or missing in this time and era. But for the vampires' species, only a single vampire remains. Rumors have said that it is white haired male who is cruel and loves to slaughter and drink the blood of young girls. He lives in a haunted mansion which can only be accessed by going through the Forest of Death. Anyone who attempts to go into the Forest of Death either goes missing or dies due to the extremely thick fog and the werewolves that live there. Even though this is a threat to people, some still risk their lives to enter the forest in order to reach the mansion to kill the vampire. Because if he is killed, a huge ransom will be paid to the killer.

Or so the rumors say.

The white haired vampire walked into his room, sat on his chair and picked up his book. A servant guy enters the room and asked if he needs anything, to which he responds, "Anyone from the Forest of Death will do. Make sure they're already dead. If they're alive, don't take them." He needs to drink blood soon as he was getting hungry. Hunger for vampires is utter hell. They suffer from all kinds of pain and still don't die.

The same male servant returns to the room a while later, bringing a girl with him and placing her on the bed. "Your meal is served, Master Kaneki."

He closed his book and stood up. "Alright. Good work."

Walking towards the girl, her eyes shot open and the vampire got taken aback. He quickly turned to his servant. "I told you to bring a dead person, not a living one! Take her away!"

Vampires are supposed to be heartless and sadistic but he has a policy where he never hurts and drinks the blood of those still alive. Because he doesn't believe in hurting the humans more than necessary, he often gets scolded by his elders for adopting this policy. He is known as "the kindest vampire."

"Y-Yes Master Kaneki! I'm so sorry!" The servant quickly brought the girl out and left her outside the door.

A few hours later, thick dark clouds started to cover up the sky. Looking out of the window, Kaneki watched as it started to pour and at the corner of his eye, he saw the same girl standing outside, the rain seeping through her purple hair, her eyes staring up at the sky. Being the kind person he was, he ordered his servants to bring her in and clean her up.

--

Sitting down on a chair in front of her, he continued to stare at her and knew she wouldn't talk; judging from her emotionless face. Blank eyes that seemed to be just staring, not at him, not at anything. Just into space. Kaneki decided the best option here is to use his vampire powers to find out what happened that made her this way.

Car. Truck. Overturned. Gas leak. Three family members; father, mother and younger brother. Blood. Explosion. Her. The side of the road.

Though he doesn't want to harm humans, he doesn't want to get too close to them either. So he decided not to ask her anything about this. His elders used to tell him that humans are dangerous and that he should stay away from them. Kaneki then instructed his servants to put her in a room and make sure she has proper meals and the necessary things.

After a few days, he noticed that she hasn't made an attempt to leave the room and wondered if she's already dead and so decided to drop by her room for a visit. He opened the door and found her lying in the middle of the bed and staring at the ceiling. He can tell from her hollow cheeks and skinny body that she hasn't been eating much the past few days. Sitting onto the bed, he opened his book and started to read. Glancing back to the girl, he sighed at her lack of response and brought his hand up. A photo of the girl and her family smiling happily appeared in his hand. He held the photo in front of her and for the first time ever, she responded as tears welled up in her eyes and she hugged the photo to her chest.

Humans really are weird, he thought. "I don't understand. Why do humans feel sad when their family members die?"

"...because humans have feelings such as love."

Love? He has seen that term in a book before but it was something he couldn't comprehend because he has lived for centuries but has never experienced love. Kaneki produced another photo of her family and passed it to her. "Take this as payment. Explain to me how this love thing works."

Before she could start, the vampire's stomach growled and his gray eyes turned red. He jumped away from her, putting some distance between them.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I haven't had my meal yet. We can continue our conversation after I'm done eating."

I need to hurry up and leave this room. If not, I'll hurt her. I don't want to hurt humans.

"Oh, you can have my food." She said as she pointed to the food on the table.

"I'm different from you humans. Blood is my food."

The girl pushed her shirt down to the side, exposing her shoulder. "You can have mine."

The sight of her porcelain skin enticed him and he started panting. His vampire instincts of wanting to sink his fangs into her skin kicked in and he couldn't stop himself. He jumped to her, fangs sinking into her shoulder. Clenching her jaw and grabbing his shirt tightly, she bore with the pain as she felt him sucking the blood out of her. When it was all over, he pulled a plaster out of his pocket and stuck it over the wound. "I'm sorry. I lost control of myself. It hurt right? This is why I don't want to suck the blood of living humans. It's painful for them."

The female smiled and cupped his cheek. "You're just a very kind vampire, aren't you?"

For a reason he has no idea of whatsoever, his heart skipped a beat and he felt his cheeks heating up. "You... What's your name?"

"Touka."

---

I'm currently working on part 2 so do stay tuned! I'm not an expert in supernatural stuff so bear with me if there are any mistakes! Couldn't find any other picture for this one shot haiz