Deal

Requested by: @Icypoptarts

"Welcome to Anteiku! Have you pretty ladies decided what to have?" Kaneki cheerfully greeted two high school girls seated at a table.

They looked up and was love struck. Looking at the white haired waiter before them, they blushed.

"U-um what would you recommend?" A girl with light pink hair asked timidly.

"I would recommend our caffe latte, our waiters and waitress are very skilled in making latte art." Kaneki said, pointing at the menu and smiled.

The girl felt her heart skip a beat and she willed for it to slow down.

"T-then I'll get one caffe latte with a bird design."

As he took their orders, he wasn't aware of the fact that a certain girl with indigo hair was glaring at him.

Touka clicked her tongue in annoyance. Why did he have to call them pretty girls? Isn't ladies just fine?

As she spaced out, trying to think of a reason why he would call them that, she felt a heat press against her cheek.

"Touka-chan."

She broke out of her thoughts and turned to the direction of her name being called.

"What do you want?" She grumbled.

"A caffe latte with a bird design and a mocha please?" Her boyfriend smiled.

"Do it yourself. Why should I make coffees for the 'pretty ladies'?" Touka said while cleaning a cup.

• • •

"Are you jealous, Touka-chan?"

"HAHA! Me, jealous? That's not-"

She dropped the cup she was holding in her hand onto the floor and it broke into pieces.

The both of them stared at the broken cup.

Kaneki was the first to look back up and smirked. "What about not being jealous?"

"Shut up shitty Kaneki." She squatted down and starting picking up the shattered pieces with him doing the same.

"How about we make a deal?"

Touka raised her eyebrow. "What deal?"

"The both of us try to attract as many customers as we can from the opposite sex and at the end of the day, whoever gets the most customers will win. Winner gets to tell loser what to do."

Kaneki knew Touka wouldn't back down from any challenge. As expected, she agreed to this deal.

For the rest of the afternoon, the couple competed with each other in winning more customers, from smiling to giving extra service.

Kaneki vs Touka
3 girls, 1 boy
6 girls, 4boys
14 girls, 10 boys
18 girls, 16 boys

It goes on and on.

At the end of the day, the guy with an eyepatch over his left eye was surrounded by a bunch of girls and women.

Touka gritted her teeth and stomped off into the staff room.

After Kaneki had managed to escape the horde of girls, he went after her.

Opening the staff room door, he was shocked to see his girlfriend collapsed onto the floor.

Judging from her red face, she must be having a fever. He quickly carried her princess style into his arms and made his way to her room.

Upon reaching her room and lowering her down onto the bed, he filled a small basin with a towel inside with water.

Sitting down onto the bed, he pulled the blanket over her and placed the towel onto her burning forehead.

"Touka-chan..."

Said girl groaned and opened her eyes. "Wha?"

"You're having a fever. Why didn't you tell me you weren't feeling well?"

"I didn't realize.."

Kaneki gave a small smile. "It's alright, rest well. I'll be going back to the front, can't let it be empty for too long."

As he stood up, she stopped him. "Don't leave.."

"But.."

Knock knock.

They heard the manager's voice. "Kaneki-Kun, I'll take care of the front, Nishiki-Kun will be coming soon too. Stay with Touka-chan, will you?"

"Alright. Thank you, manager."

• • •

"You were right, Kaneki. I'm sorry."

"About what?" He asked.

"Me being jealous. I just couldn't stand other girls talking to you like they know you so well. I'm the only one who knows you best."

Maybe the heat is getting to her head, Touka's saying stuff that's not in her character.. Kaneki thought.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too. I just wanted to attract more customers since it's been quite slow lately with all the doves around."

"Mm. I accept your apology. Say.. Just now you said the winner tells the loser what to do right? What am I supposed to do? I lost." Touka said softly.

Running his fingers through her soft hair, he said, "then as the winner, I ask of you to rest until you fully recover. Is that too hard for you?"

Touka giggled. "I can do it.." She whispered as she drifted off to dreamland, enjoying the feeling of him stroking her head.

Satisfied that she's asleep, he kissed her lips before whispering 'good night' to her.

For the rest of the day, he stayed by her side as long as he could until he fell asleep.

---

Okay so apparently I wrote this in 1 hour so it isn't very good. Nonetheless I did find this cute. :3 touken for life people!