New Year

The half-ghoul pressed his palms against the wall and faced it.

It's going to be alright, Ken. You're just gonna compliment her and say that she's beautiful. Nothing to worry about, yeah.

He looked down at his outfit and made sure he looked proper. T-shirt and jeans. Tsukiyama had made him try on different outfits to make sure Kaneki looked fabulous on his date.

"Kaneki!"

His head turned toward his girlfriend who was running towards him. Stopping in front of him, Touka hunched over and rested her hands on her knees, panting.

"Sorry I'm late.."

"It's fine." Kaneki watched as she straightened her back and dusted her outfit. Her bangs were pinned to the side by a rabbit clip, exposing her normally hidden eye.

Lowering his head to her neck, his eyes widened when he saw the diamond necklace he gave her on her birthday there. He smiled; she even told him there won't be any chance she'll get to wear this. Now look at it, hanging from her neck.

He looked further down to see a light pink kimono with flower patterns. The kimono fits her really well. She's beautiful.

Kaneki took her hands into his, smiling. "I love the way you look today."

Touka blushed. "L-let's go idiot." He chuckled and they started walking towards the shrine while holding hands.

-Reach Shrine-

"This area's slippery. Take my hand, Touka."

Putting her hand onto his,  Kaneki guided her up the steps. Upon reaching the box, both of them threw a coin, bowed twice, clapped twice and made a wish.

"Want to get a Omikuji* written oracle?" Touka asked.

"Sure."

They made their way there and got one each.

I wonder what I'll get.. She hoped for the best and opened the slip.

Excellent luck. Yes!

Her eyes found the love column which says:

Don't hesitate with what you want and go for it. The person you are with right now is the correct one.

Holding the slip close to her, she turned to her boyfriend, "what did you get?"

Kaneki flinched at her question and turned to face her. His hand moved to his chin. "Average luck."

Her eyes narrowed at one hand which was hiding behind his back.

"Let me see that." She grabbed his arm and snatched the slip from him.

Bad luck.

"I'll give my excellent luck to you." She said, stuffing it into his hand.

"Eh it's alright. You can keep it!" He replied, trying to give it back to her.

Touka's face flushed. "I want to give it to you. Is there a problem?"

Kaneki stepped towards her, giving her a tight hug and grinned. "Thank you." He took the slip from her and tied it onto the nearest tree branch.

-Kaneki's slip-

Be patient. Wait for the right time.

I don't think I can.. Touka is so sweet...

Peeking at his watch, Kaneki suggested that they go somewhere and sit down since they still had time. Touka agreed, it was only a short walk but her feet were starting to feel tired and slightly painful.

They found a bench a little further out and sat down. It was calming; no one else was there and it was nice with just the two of them.

Kaneki watched as Touka swung her legs back and forth and his eyes widened a bit when he saw the big red spot on her foot.

He squatted down and took a closer look at her foot. "Ah.. The strap's biting into your skin. Why didn't you tell me?"

"I-It doesn't really hurt."

He applied a small force on that big red spot and watched as Touka winced, clenching her fists. Sighing, he took a plaster from his wallet and pasted it onto her injury.

Blushing, she mumbled a word of thanks to him. Kaneki went to sit back down beside her, cupping her cheeks and looking into her eyes. "Just tell me anything. It's not like I'll scold you."

"Okay."

"Good."

He glanced at his watch. "The fireworks are about to start."

In a distance, the couple could hear people doing the countdown.

10!

9!

8!

7!

6!

5!

4!

3!

2!

1!

BOOM! The first fireworks of 2016 went high up into the sky.

Kaneki encircled his arms around her waist and pressed his lips onto Touka's. Throughout the kiss, she couldn't hear the loud sounds from the fireworks and could only feel the warm of his lips on hers. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the moment.

Separating few seconds later, he said the words 'happy new year' to her. She hugged him tightly and whispered, "happy new year to you too."

May this year be as fun and exciting as the last.

"I love you."

---

Yes it's a bit late but never too late. Happy new year peeps! I'm so not ready for this year >< more projects, presentations (ugh I can't even stand in front of the class for more than a minute), more bitches and bastards I have to work with (another ugh) and more work T_T

Will update once in a while when I get ideas~