asphyxia II

Part 2 to asphyxia

--

Even though Kaneki is already long done with painting Touka and moved on to doing other arts, she continued going over and even stayed the night sometimes. She often accompanied him whenever he went somewhere to get inspiration and he didn't feel as bored and lonely as before. When she's with him, he feels himself slowly but surely reverting to how he used to be 5 years ago, being kind, caring and cheerful again. She changed his whole perspective from negative to positive and that has shown in his works, where the blacks and whites of every art slowly changed into bright colors like orange, yellow and red.

In a short span of 7 months, she became such an important person in his life.

--

Ever since he released the painting of Touka to the public, there have been many clients contacting his manager to purchase it and they ended up selling it at 20 million to a person named Takatsuki Sen. But the response was so huge that Kaneki got invited to have a 3-day exhibition in Hokkaido, using the sold Touka painting and some of his other works which were also sold at a pretty good price. He was also to be present at the venue for an interview, which he accepted.

The exhibition opens tomorrow, but he would have to take the plane this afternoon at 3pm so he can reach there early and have one night's rest.

--

Pulling the blankets away, Kaneki reached for his clothes that were all over the floor and put them on before hearing a rustling of the sheets behind him and he turned to see his girlfriend staring at him with a pout on her pink lips. "What time are you leaving for the airport?"

He smiled, moving to brush away the hair from her eyes. "In about 2 hours or so."

"Then why are you putting on your clothes so early? Stay with me a little longer." Touka whined, arms embracing his waist and burying her face into his back.

Squeezing her hands, he grinned because she rarely whines, saying that it isn't a nice thing to do, but he sometimes wishes that she would do it more often because he found it extremely cute that she's being clingy to him. It makes him feel wanted and loved.

"I have to pack my luggage and change, Touka." He replied as he got to his feet and she pulled him back to sit on the bed.

"Kennnnn. Do it later. I want your warmth..."

Kaneki sighed, the smile still evident on his face and he laid back down on the side to take her in his arms. "Alright alright. Anything for my queen."

Touka grinned and inhaled his heady body smell that she loved.

--

She still had a pout on her lips when she saw him off at the doorstep and he cupped her cheeks to kiss her. "I'll be back as soon as the exhibition ends, I promise. But in return, can you promise me that you'll watch my interview tomorrow morning at 9?"

Nodding, she gave him one last hug and released him. "Okay. I'll be waiting for you to come home."

--

The next day, Touka turned on the television, switched to the art channel and saw Kaneki on the screen with a bunch of microphones in front of him. He had his hair pushed back and wore a black tuxedo.

"Congratulations on having a full-house on the first day of your exhibition, Kaneki-san! This has been a topic among young girls and we would like to know the inspiration behind your most famous piece this year! Do enlighten us about it!" The reporter positioned the microphone below his mouth and he smiled.