Babysitting II

Request by AinohanaRinkaku

Sunlight filtered through the curtains and Kaneki groaned, turning to the other side of the bed and felt the bedsheets for his wife. His favorite thing to do in the mornings was to tuck her into his chest and wrap his arms around her.

After a few seconds of searching to no avail, he grunted in frustration and opened his eyes. He glanced around the room and his wife was nowhere in sight. "Touka?"

Kaneki decided to get up and find her when he heard no response. Exiting his room and stepping into the living room, his eyes widened upon seeing a female child in an oversized white t-shirt sitting on the floor in front of him. He squatted down and stared at the child, who only giggled in response.

The little girl looked almost identical to his wife, with her blue eyes and purple hair. The only difference was that her bangs did not cover half of her face, but was pinned to the sides by a rabbit hairclip. So cute...

He shook his head to snap himself out of his stupor. His priority now was to find her. Maybe she was playing one of her favorite games, which was hide-and-seek where she would scare the shit out of him by hiding somewhere in the house. "Touka... this isn't funny. You're scaring me... I give up! Please come out!"

The male was seriously starting to panic when nothing happened. The girl looked at him and cocked her head to the side. "I'm Touka!"

Kaneki spun to the voice and sighed. It was just her. He squatted down and smiled. "Little lady, you shouldn't pretend to be someone else. It's not nice. What's your name and what are you doing here?"

"But my name is Kirishima Touka! When I woke up, I was in this weird house!"

This can't be happening. He whipped out his phone and dialed her number. Touka always kept her phone with her and if the little girl had it, it would confirm his speculation.

A ringtone sounded the air and the girl took the phone out. His face paled upon seeing the contact name. It said 'husband'. Touka has turned into a child!! What should I do? Calm down first.

"Touka-Chan, do you remember anything before you became like this?"

She shook her head. "I only remember I woke up in a bed that's not mine. Who are you, Onii-chan?"

Despite being hurt and disappointed that she didn't remember him, he had to play along, at least until she returned to her adult self. "I'm your husband."

"Husband??"

"It's a guy you marry. For example, your daddy is your mommy's husband."

Upon the mention of her parents, tears brimmed in her eyes and she started to cry. "My daddy and mommy are dead!"

Kaneki quickly grabbed a tissue to dry her tears but it wouldn't stop falling. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have mentioned them. How about this? I will be your daddy for today and we can play together."

The girl grinned immediately and he chuckled when he saw one hole in her mouth where a tooth used to be. "Then I wanna go outside and catch bugs!!"

..maybe he shouldn't have told her they could play. But outside huh? As a child, he only played indoors with his mother and read. The only memory he had of playing outside was with Hide at the playground. They would always sit on top of the dome and gaze up at the sky. Touka tugged on the hem of his white shirt and shouted, "let's go, let's go!!"

Before that, they had to go get some new clothes for her. Her current one was too big that it touched the floor. "Let's go shopping first."

Walking along the streets, Touka stared at every dress the shop displayed as they passed by.