Black Reaper [Haise x Touka]

Request from @Raziel_BloodFang

SPOILERS! If you have not read until at least Tokyo Ghoul Re chapter 60, do not read this one shot. If you still do, it's at your own risk!

After switching off all the shop's lights and about to retire for the day, Touka heard heavy steps approaching the cafe. She cursed. Either they were blind and couldn't see the "Closed" sign hanging on the door, or they were freaking stubborn and needed to told straight that the cafe is already closed.

Unhappy, the violet haired female made her way to the door and turned the doorknob.

"Onee-chan."

Touka gasped. "Hinami? And..." She glanced over to the male who was slung over her little sister's shoulders. Her voice stuck in her throat. "K-Kaneki?"

Seeing that Hinami was about to collapse from Kaneki's weight, Touka quickly took the black haired male and carried him on her back. "Follow me, Hinami."

From what Hinami said, it turned out that Kaneki was the one who rescued her from Cochlea and in the midst of escaping, he got injured from trying to protect her.

Both ladies helped to settle Kaneki gently onto his bed, without making his injuries worse.

"This is horrible..." Touka murmured to herself as she undressed the unconscious man. There was a huge hole in his stomach and one in his right leg. Regeneration was occurring but very slowly.

She immediately grabbed the first aid kit and started tending to his injuries. Hinami only stayed by the side and watched, helping whenever she could. After stopping the blood and bandaging his wounds, Touka wiped the sweat off her forehead and turned to Hinami, "you can go sleep in my room, I'll stay with him tonight."

She nodded and left the room.

Hinami has really matured, in situations like these, she would cry but now she doesn't... She's a lot braver now.

As she ran her hands through his hair, she wondered how it changed from half white, half black to fully black.

Glancing down at him—sweating profusely with labored breathing and pain etched on his face, her heart ached. He had done it again. He put others' lives before his own and she really hated this part of him. She had hoped he would care more about his wellbeing but in the end, despite becoming a different person, he hasn't changed completely on the inside.

Having those thoughts, Touka held his hand and stayed with him as long as she could until she fell asleep.

---

The male's eyes slowly opened. Ugh.. Where is this place? Noticing the books on the table, he realized that this was his old room. Everything was untouched; his furniture, his clothes and even the book he last read was in the same position he had left it. He adjusted his position so he was sitting up and leaning against the headboard and felt fresh pain sear across his stomach. His hands moved over his wound and he bit his lips.

At that moment, the door opened and he turned his head to the door.

Touka stood there and stared at him, without moving a muscle.

"Take a seat." Kaneki said, finally breaking the awkward silence. In response, she takes a chair and moves it near his bed, sitting down. Her head tilted down.

"..You've become prettier." Their eyes met for a split second before separating. She muttered with pink cheeks, "what are you saying.."

Kaneki scratches his cheek and turns away, blushing. "Ah sorry. That wasn't the right thing to say after not meeting for years..." He puts down his hand and his expression became serious. "I have to apologize to you. I'm sorry. For all the trouble I've caused."