High School

This is an AU fanfic, so it does not involve any ghouls. Kaneki & Touka are normal humans.

Story requested and dedicated to : thethirteenth_

"Whoa Kamii is really big! I might get lost if I go alone!" Yoriko exclaimed as they walked through the crowds.

"Yeah." Touka replied while looking at the school's brochure.

Today was Kamii's open house for students to come and take a look.

"Ah! Touka-chan, come here! Let's ask someone to guide us around." Yoriko said as she walked towards 2 guys standing behind a customer service booth.

"Hello! Would you guys mind guiding us around? This place is too big!" Yoriko asked.

A yellow haired guy answered, "Hmm, give a minute." He picked up his phone and started to dial someone.

"Hey Yoriko I don't think we should trouble them, let's go walk around ourselves." Touka said as she pulled on Yoriko's sleeve.

"Hey Hide, I don't think that's a good idea. Then we'll have to get someone to cover us." A black haired guy said to the yellow haired guy who was dialing.

"It's fine! Ah hello Murasaki Senpai? This is Nagachika. Would you mind tending to our booth for a while? We have to bring people around the campus."

The two conversed on phone for a while before the yellow colored haired guy placed down his phone and gave a thumbs up. "We're settled! Let's go!"

"Yay!" Yoriko jumped.

"Before that, I'm Nagachika Hideyoshi. You guys can call me Hide. I do Pharmaceutical Maths as a major. And this guy over here is Kaneki Ken. He does literature as a major. Nice to meet ya!"

"Nice to meet you. I'm Kaneki Ken." The black haired male greeted and shook the two girls' hands.

The two girls introduced themselves and then continued to walk around campus, exploring it. Along the way, Yoriko started to walk with Hide, leaving Touka and Kaneki behind.

Trying to break the awkward silence between them, Kaneki started. "Um Kirishima-san? What course are you planning to do here?"

"Science. I'm curious about how humans were made and all those stuff."

They started chatting. To Touka's surprise, they get along quite well. She never thought she would get along with a quiet nerd who loves books.

Soon, they got to their end of the tour. "Okay this is it. See you guys around school!" Hide waved as he walked off. Kaneki bowed to them before catching up with Hide.

"Touka-chan, I think I'm in love with Hide! I got his number!" Yoriko said excitedly.

"That's fast! Are you sure you like him? You don't know his true personality yet."

"Yeah! He's funny and cheerful. I like him! He can't be a bad person I know."

"Okay... If you say so."

They started school the following week. Since their buildings were beside each other's, Yoriko & Touka often meet for lunch and to hang out. One day, they came across Kaneki & Hide. They were eating at the cafeteria and Yoriko decided to join them.

Touka wanted to say something to stop her but it was too late.

"Hi we meet again! Can we join you guys?"

They nodded and the girls took a seat.

Yoriko started talking to Hide immediately. Kaneki just gave Touka a smile. She smiled back. "Um... Kaneki-san..." Touka started a topic and they chatted once again.

The two girls would often meet with the two guys and they would just talk together. Sometimes even asking the guys some parts of class they don't understand.

Slowly but unknowingly, Touka fell in love with Kaneki as she got to know him better. Yoriko accidentally saw her drawing a picture of Kaneki and writing his name on her textbook a few times but Touka never noticed. After all, he wasn't her type of guy. She liked strong and confident guys, but Kaneki was the total opposite.

One day, Touka drew a rabbit and a cat kissing. Then she blushed. She thought of the cat as Kaneki and the rabbit as her. It was then she realized she was in love with Kaneki.

She told Yoriko about it and she decided to drag Touka to go confess. She refused to as she was fine with just watching him from afar. Yoriko couldn't take it anymore and so decided to seek Hide's help.

Hide and Yoriko plotted many things, a picnic, movies, studying etc. They would always attempt to push Touka on Kaneki or Kaneki on Touka, touch on the topic of love but always got averted by Touka.

"Hide! Would you stop doing that? You're making her uncomfortable!" Kaneki said.

"Oh? She looks plenty comfortable to me." Touka was lying on Kaneki's lap but she scrambled to get up after Hide said that and blushed.

Kaneki stared at Touka. "Kirishima-san, can I talk to you for a minute?"

She nodded and they went to a quiet place with no one around.

"Kirishima-san, do you like me?" Kaneki asked.

Touka gasped then looked away. "Y-Yes..." Kaneki's eyes widened. "Why would you like someone like me? I'm a bookworm, I don't get along with others well and I'm a scaredy cat..." He said as he looked away.

She turned back. "There are other good parts of you, I'm sure. You're kind, gentle and smart. But I like everything about you." When she finished saying that, she blushed furiously as she realized what she just said was a confession.

Kaneki was surprised to hear someone say something like that about him. Even more, by a girl. "Kirishima-san... I noticed how awkward you felt when you were beside me so I just thought I did something wrong to make you feel that way. But I see that's not the case." He walked towards Touka and took her hand, brought it towards his mouth and kissed it.

"I like you Kirishima-san. Every time I see you, my heart just starts beating really fast and I can't calm down when I see you talking to other guys, even Hide, I get jealous of him."

"Me too... So it's mutual love then?"

"Yeah." Kaneki replied.

Touka flushed. She took her hand out of Kaneki's, moved back a few steps and bowed. "Well then please take care of me."

Kaneki bowed back and said the same thing.

"Please take care of me, Touka-chan."

I hope you liked it! Sorry it seemed kinda rushed, I was hoping to squeeze it to below 1000 words but I couldn't ^^|||

Do comment and vote thank you :)