Break-Back

Requested by @Catsuna_K

[Lemon near end of one shot]

---

"Let's break up."

Upon hearing those 3 words from Touka, Kaneki felt his heart shatter into pieces.

"D-did I do something wrong to make you angry? If I did, I'll apologize!" He came off as desperate.

"No it's not your fault. It's mine..." She avoided eye contact.

"What do you mean?"

-Flashback-

Two nights ago...

Touka was studying at the library with Yoriko until quite late so they decided to go home.

Yoriko went off first since her house was nearer, leaving Touka alone.

She knew about a shortcut and so took it, not knowing she would regret it later on. She kept telling herself that it'll be alright if ghouls jump on her because she can take them on.

But it wasn't a ghoul she stumbled upon. It was 2 young human guys. From the way they were walking; swaying from side to side, she could tell they drank quite a bit.

She increased her pace, walking past them quickly but one of them grabbed her wrist and pinned her against the wall.

"Hey pretty lady, want to come with us to have some fun?"

Touka tested her strength. She could throw the guy off but the other guy came along and helped him, also blocking her escape route.

She gasped when they ran their hands up her thighs and her butt.

After much touching, she saw a chance and cheated a little by using her ghoul strength to throw them off and ran away since drunk guys usually won't remember what they did the night before. Of course she didn't show her Kakugan or Kagune.

She ran back to the safety of Anteiku with tears flowing down her cheeks.

That was her first time experiencing getting molested by someone and she never wants to feel that way again.

-Flashback over-

Touka crossed one arm over her chest. "I just want to stay away from guys for a while. I know you're not like them but yeah..."

"...Can I kiss you one last time?"

She looked into his face, feeling overwhelmed with emotions as she feels her tears starting to form around the corner of her eyes.

"Yes."

Kaneki took her hands in his, leaning forward to kiss her.

Her lips were soft as usual but there was something different; it was trembling. He licked her bottom lip, asking for entrance which she allowed. As his tongue swayed past hers, he felt her shaking slowly go away. Wrapping his arms around her, she rested her hands on his chest.

Finally, they separated hesitantly. As they panted softly, he brought his hand up to her bangs, pushing them behind her ear to see her face in full.

Beautiful ocean eyes and those seductive lips that made him want to kiss her over and over again. Sadly he won't get to touch it again.

Running her fingers through his hair, the thought of never touching it again made her chest hurt.

Tightening his arms around her and resting his chin onto her shoulder, he says, "I'll miss you."