Meeting II

"W-what?" Touka squeaked.

"Will you give me a chance? I want to help you. From what I heard last night, you deserve better than that."

"But we don't know each other."

Kaneki continued. "We can get to know each other first as friends. What do you think?"

She doesn't know. She wants to but she is hesitating.

Looking at the black haired man before her, she thought that he couldn't be so bad; most men would have taken advantage of her in that situation but he didn't.

Touka takes his hand and says, "please take care of me."

She blushes as he flashed her a very charming and genuine smile.

Afterwards, she decided she needed to let Aoto know.

When she told him she wanted to break up, he never said anything and continued doing whatever he was doing earlier. He didn't even care. She held in her tears and left.

---

When they met on their dates and chatted, it turns out they didn't have much in common.

Kaneki's job was related to business while Touka's was psychology. He preferred reading over music and she was the opposite of him; music over reading. She was 24 this year and he was 26.

Despite their differences, they got along very well. You know what they say, opposites attract~~

---

The more dates they went on, they slowly opened up to each other.

Touka started talking about her ex-boyfriend and what they used to do in their free time.

She said that Aoto was a really nice guy at first but after he got addicted to drugs, he changed. He would always go out and get Touka to clean his house, do his laundry and everything; basically treating her like his maid. He would also often force her to have sex with him and was very rough.

She thought that she had to stay by him and help him, but after seeing him with another woman, she couldn't stand it anymore.

Kaneki then told her his side of story and she got so shocked when he said that he hasn't dated for 3 years already. I mean... Who wouldn't want to date him? He has such a nice personality and was quite good looking.

On their next date, he kissed her and that was the start of their relationship.

Since they were both working adults, they did not have much time to spend with each other. But they would often meet on weekends when they don't have work.

-I'm just gonna fast forward to 2 months into them dating-

"Hey. Can I go over to your place?" Kaneki spoke tiredly over the phone.

"Sure. You sound like you've had a rough day today. Do you want to take a nap first before coming over?" Touka asked.

He shook his head. "It's alright, I'm coming over now."

-Time skip-

Upon reaching her house, he pressed on the doorbell and she answered the door almost immediately.

"Hey." Touka greets and smiles.

Kaneki steps forward to wrap his arms around her and leans his head on her shoulder. "I've missed you..."

She blushes. It's the little moments like these that she loves the most.

Touka then realizes they're still outside and gets him to come in.