Attention

Today is 1st July in my place so I would like to wish our princess, Kirishima Touka a happy birthday! (And also a kiss from her boyfriend, Kaneki Ken 😘)

Requested by Chiigikun

The couple was seated on the floor in front of the television. Instead of watching the television, Touka was watching a certain white-haired male read his book beside her. Narrowing her eyes, she studied his face carefully.

His expression changed very often; at one moment, he was grinning from ear to ear, at the next moment, he was frowning and the next, he was furrowing his eyebrows, irritated. It was interesting seeing the various kinds of facial expressions he had, and deep down, she envied that book for being able to bring out his emotions.

But she was also pissed about the fact that he was paying more attention to his book than to her. Upon realization that she was actually pissed at a book which was ridiculous, she scoffed and directed her attention back to her show. Despite telling herself not to dwell too much about it, she found herself glancing over to her boyfriend again.

"Kaneki."

He was too engrossed in his book to reply her and with slight irritation, she snatched his book away from him and only then, he looked at her. "Touka-chan? What's wrong?"

"I called you but you didn't give me a response, Ken."

"Ah... I'm sorry I didn't hear you."

Touka clicked her tongue and turned his back towards him, muttering, "if only you paid as much attention as you do to your book, to me..." She held the book close to her chest, determined to only return it after she gets her attention.

He heard what she just said and felt guilty. While it's true that he has been spending more time with his book than with her these days, he thought it was fine with her because this always happens and she never says anything about it.

Kaneki moved to wrap his arms around her and leaned his chin on her shoulder. "I'm sorry... Tell me. What can I do to make you forgive me?"

The violet haired female remained silent while she pondered about what she should make him do. She placed his book down and turned around. "Tell me that you love me." Her cheeks warmed. It was more embarrassing than she had thought to say that sentence aloud but it has been a while since she's heard those words from his mouth and she wants to hear it.

She tilted her head down and looked at her lap. "I-if you don't want to say it, it's fine, you don't have to—"

"I love you."

Her eyes widened and she raised her head to look at him. He was staring into her eyes and even though it was slight, she could see his cheeks slowly turning pink.

"Could...you say it again?" Touka found herself saying, wanting to make sure she didn't hear wrongly.

She made sure she is looking at him properly this time while he says it.

"I love you." Kaneki brought his hand to his face in an attempt to hide his growing blush but to his surprise, his girlfriend tackled him with a hug and he fell back against the floor. "T-Touka-chan-" He was interrupted by her lips pressing onto his.

He tightened his grip on her waist and returned her kiss, sucking on her lips gently. They separated hesitantly and she gazed into his eyes. "Will you lay in bed with me?"

"Of course..." He grabbed the remote control and switched off the television before they went to lay in bed, with his arms wrapped around her shoulders and hers around his waist. She laid her head against his chest, quietly listening to his steady heart beating.

"Ken, I know how much you like reading your books and I don't want to make it seem like I'm more important than your books but I get lonely some times...when you don't talk to me." Touka said.

"I got it. I'm sorry I won't do it again." Kaneki said as he pressed his lips to her forehead.

"You're forgiven." The violet haired female cracked a small smile and the two soon fell asleep in each other's arms.