Chance

The bell chimed and in walked a group of customers. The white-haired lady (I believe Touka dyed her hair white in Re as a disguise) walked briskly towards them and stopped in her tracks. The two boys at the side had weird hair colors and face features; one with teeth like a shark's and the other with an eyepatch around his right eye but this guy in the middle particularly caught her eye.

The top of the hair was black while the bottom half was white. Those familiar face features. She clenched the menus upon scanning his appearance. He was wearing a white shirt-dress that went down to his legs and carried a white suitcase which was one of the CCG investigators' weapons in attacking ghouls in his right hand.

Kaneki... Is that you? Touka never thought he would have become one of those detestable investigators who hunts ghouls down. After all, he was the one who expressed concern for her, Hinami and everyone at Anteiku. She just couldn't believe that.

While she was staring, he stared right back at her, thinking that there was something about her that he couldn't put a finger on. She looked so familiar to him. The two stared at each other for what seemed like eternity until a word escaped the male's lips.

"Beautiful."

The two that were accompanying him gasped and even Touka, despite herself, was shocked at what he had just said.

"Sassan?!"

The orange haired male's voice brought him back to reality and he faked a cough as he felt warmth rise to his cheeks. "S-Sorry. A table for three please."

The barista guided them to a window seat and passed them menus. "Please call me when you have decided on your order." She purposely let her hand linger onto the male's and watched his face for any reaction.

As expected, he didn't react and only smiled back, thanking her. As soon as she left the table, the two leaned forward. "What, Sassan? Don't tell me you're in love with her? Is this the so-called love at first sight?" The orange haired guy smirked.

"I am curious too. You usually don't look at girls but you stared directly at that barista and called her beautiful." The green haired male said.

His blush deepened and he suddenly felt embarrassed. It was not his intention to stare and call that barista beautiful. It was just something about her that he knew but couldn't remember. "It is not! Stop that, Shirazu and Mutsuki!"

"Jeez just ask for her name already! I know you're interested in her!" Shirazu elbowed their mentor.

"Yes you should ask her out if you're interested in her. I'm worried about well-being, ever since we joined the CCG, we have never seen or heard you talk about a girlfriend." Mutsuki said.

"Yeah I was just wondering how you could keep your sex drive under control so well." Shirazu laughed.

"I am 24! I do not have such desires like you two!" He folded his arms and turned his head away, trying to hide his blush. It was just that he was too engrossed in his work that he neglected his personal life. But come to think of it, he couldn't remember if he had experience in sex or not. He shook the thought away. "J-Just faster decide on your order and don't you guys dare say anything to her about this!"

The two nodded but while their mentor's attention was on the menu, Shirazu gave a thumbs-up to Mutsuki. They called the barista over and repeated their orders to her.

"Hey hey what's your name?" Shirazu asked her.

"I-It's Kirishima Touka." She was taken aback by the question and felt a sudden de-ja-vu, like someone had asked her this question before.