Return

SPOILER ALERT TO THOSE WHO HAVENT WATCHED TOKYO GHOUL ROOT A EPISODE 7!

Requested by : @PinkPrincess_29 & thethirteenth_

"I talked to the manager. He told me to come back to Anteiku."

"And?"

"I don't know."

Touka directed her gaze to the ground.

"I want to protect all of you. I don't want to let those precious to me get taken away. So..." Kaneki cracked his finger. "I have to get stronger."

"That's why you went to Aogiri?"

A pause.

"You have no right to want to protect us. We have no business being protected by you."

Touka could feel her anger building up.

"You pretend to be thinking about others but ultimately you're only thinking about yourself."

"As long as you aren't all alone, I'm fine with that." Kaneki touched his chin.

Touka walked over to Kaneki and raised a fist towards him but got blocked by his palm.

"You think you can look broody, like some tragic hero?!"

A kick. A punch.

"There's no way someone who can't even protect himself can protect anyone else, is there?!"

"Don't you ever come back to Anteiku!"

Those words shocked Kaneki and a punch came, making him fly to the floor.

Touka jumped and straddled him, punching him.

"Why?! Why?! Why?!" She asked as she punched him.

She stopped her last punch. "Why?!"

"Why... Why did you have to end up like this?" Touka clenched her fists and rested them on his chest.

"You... You ass. Do you know how long I've waited for you? How long I've spent those lonely nights alone?" Touka said as her eyes started tearing.

Kaneki's eyes widened.

"Touka-" He got cut off. She had bent down and kissed him.

Kaneki's hands had the urge to touch her and hug her but he held it in.

Touka got up after their kiss and started walking away. She felt her cheeks heating up.

Don't leave! His heart called out.

Kaneki quickly got up and pulled her wrist, making her turn back. As soon as she turned back, he pressed their bodies together for a hug.

"Kane-"

"Touka-chan. I'm sorry. I never meant for this to turn out this way but I don't want to lose you.

Touka's eyes widened at his apology.

"I wanted to come back many times but I just couldn't bear to. The thought of losing you made me trash the idea of going back. If it means losing you, I would rather not take the risk."

Touka's eyes softened and she hugged him back.

"Mama! There's people hugging!" A little boy called out.

"Shh! Pretend you don't see anything!" The mother said.

Kaneki and Touka separated out of embarrassment and Touka spoke first.

"How about going back to my place first?" She suggested.

"I think my place would be better." He smiled.

He took her hand and they walked to his apartment; thus having a very fun night together.

---

Extra

Kaneki ran his fingers through Touka's hair and spoke.

"I'll return to Anteiku."

"Really?!" Touka shot up from the bed and stared at him.

"Yeah. I guess I just couldn't stay away from you for long."

Touka smiled and got on top of him to kiss him.

"Welcome back."

---

How did ya think? I skipped the making out part cuz I wanted to make this pure xD

Anyway I tried to describe as best as I could from episode 7 of Root A by referring to the episode as I wrote so I hope it's good!