Comfort

AU that Touka has another friend called Yuuki.

The main door clicked shut and the female ghoul brisk-walked—almost ran to his room. Opening the door and seeing her boyfriend, she dropped her bag onto the floor and tackled him with a hug. He was taken aback by her action as she's rarely one to display her affections.

"Hey what's wrong?" Kaneki asked, concern in his voice as he looked down at her.

"I quarreled with my friend." Touka said, voice muffled against his chest.

-Flashback-

"Hey Touka, do you have a boyfriend?" Yuuki asked.

"W-What's with the sudden question?" Touka stuttered, cheeks turning red.

"Oh well. Just something on my mind. So do you have one?"

"I d-do."

"Really? Hey hey show me a picture!!" Yuuki's eyes sparkled as she said excitedly.

Touka knows that Yuuki is very stubborn and won't stop until she gets what she wants so she showed her friend a picture of them.

"Ehhh he isn't the type of guy I thought you would date..." Yuuki said, disappointment in her voice.

"Then what kind of guy did you think I would date?" Touka raised her brow.

"A macho, handsome and hmm, bad boy kinda guy??"

Touka frowned. She was slightly irritated that she just insulted her boyfriend. "Well sorry for not meeting your expectations. To me, he is handsome..." She trailed off, blushing.

"Of course you think he is handsome. He's your boyfriend. But you have horrible taste in guys, Touka-chan."

That made her string snap. That's it.

"Stop it! Stop talking bad about my boyfriend! I hate when you do stuff like that, Yuuki! You always don't realize that you're hurting other people's feelings! I'm going home!" Touka shouted as she ran away from her friend.

-Flashback Over-

Kaneki tilted her head up, looking into her eyes with a small smile on his lips. "Thank you for protecting me but I don't think my existence as your boyfriend is worth breaking your friendships."

"You don't understand... I don't like it when people say stuff like that about you. They don't know how kind you are, how you treat me..." Touka said, tears almost escaping her eyes.

He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers. She closed her eyes, savoring the feeling of his lips on hers.

They separated and he pulled her to sit down on the bed before he settled down beside her. He placed his hand over hers.

Touka's head was tilted down, hair covering the expression of her face.

"Hey look at me, Touka-chan." Kaneki said softly.

She raised her head to look at him, tears dripping down her cheeks. He used his thumbs to wipe them away and cupped her cheeks.

"You know, I'm really happy that you protected me. Really. I understand that you don't like them badmouthing me but in the end, friendships are important. High school life will be over in an instant and you will come to regret it if you don't make more friends and enjoy it. I regretted it. My only friend was Hide and yes, even though he was there, high school life was all studying for me. I never went out after school to play or anything unless Hide invited me. So don't be mad already and go make up with her, okay?" He placed his hand on her head.

"I was wondering how should I kill her but if you say so, I'll try my best..."

Kaneki laughed nervously. "You can't kill her! But for my sake, make up with her?"

"..okay."

"Good girl."

Touka shifted closer and wrapped her arms around his waist, inhaling his scent. "I'm so tired..."

He encircled his arms around her. "Do you want to change and take a nap?"

"Mm." Touka went to change in one of Kaneki's shirt and he chuckled, they always looked big on her.

She pouted. "What? You don't want me wearing your shirt? Fine I'll go change!" She turned and attempted to walk away but he goes to hug her from behind.

"No don't. You look really cute in my shirts. I really like the way you look in them." He said, breath tickling her ear.

The female ghoul blushed and he turned her around, catching her lips into his again. Her lips curved up into a smile and she returned the kiss. Her hands moved up to cup his cheeks while his went down to rest at her waist.

Kaneki took her hand and guided her to the bed, arms around her and tucking her into his chest. "I'll lay with you for a while."

"Thank you..." Touka said and she closed her eyes to the feeling of his lips pressed to her forehead.

---

I kinda feel like this was written on a whim.

And somehow I find it weird that I'm able to write romantic stories even though I haven't had any experience myself. I'm like 18 and I don't have a BF. It's just weird. Maybe I just have wild imaginations. 😂