Rabbit

I'm late but better than never! And I don't know why but there's very little views to my previous one shot, Attention (as of now I publish this rabbit one shot it's 355 and it's been 6 days), did you guys not read it or did wattpad not update it properly?

---

AU everyone is human

Birthday special

Today was a special day and Kaneki wanted to make it special for his dearest girlfriend.

Touka wondered what her boyfriend was up to. He had gone out early in the morning at 7am and only came back at 8.30am. After he came back, he was making a lot of noise, opening cupboards and drawers. She wanted to shout at him to keep the volume down since she was still trying to sleep but she couldn't care less because she was still fatigued from working overtime the day before.

At around 11am, she woke up and groggily walked to the kitchen where she saw Kaneki. He smiled and greeted good morning to her before placing a cup of coffee in front of her. She sat down, cracking a small smile as she looked down at the cute rabbit latte art.

It was a little different from what she usually draws for customers but nonetheless, it was adorable. She brought the cup to her mouth and sipped the coffee.

"Touka-chan, I have something for you." Kaneki said as he took a sky blue tin into his hands and passed it to her.

The violet haired female shook it and figured that something small was inside. Opening the tin, her eyes widened to see rabbit cookies of various colors. There were purple, blue, white, yellow, pink, red etc.

"What's the occasion today?" Touka asked as she popped one cookie into her mouth and chewed.

"You forgot? It's your birthday today."

Realization dawned upon her. "Ohhh."

"How's the cookies? I made them myself!" He asked as his eyes sparkled.

Her cheeks warmed as she could feel his sincerity and determination poured into those cookies. "They're delicious, Ken."

The black haired male was glad that she liked it and said, "I have another thing for you." He pulled out a bouquet from his back, holding it in front of her.

She stared at the beautiful bouquet of roses in his hands and focused on the cute rabbit stuffed toy in the middle. Standing up, she took the bouquet from him and held it close to her chest. "Did you go out early this morning just to buy these?"

"Yes. Initially I ordered them a week ago and when I was supposed to collect them yesterday, they haven't arrived. So I went out early this morning to get them. Do you like them?"

"I love it." Touka saw her tears dripping down into her flowers and she frantically tried to wipe them away. It's been over 10 years since someone celebrated her birthday like this and she was very touched.

Kaneki cupped her cheeks, tilting her head up and used his thumbs to wipe away her tears. He leaned forward to press his lips onto hers and pulled back, grinning.

She wrapped her arms around his waist and buried her face into his chest. "Thank you, Ken..."

"Happy birthday, my dearest." He said, kissing her head.