Nightmare

Au Kaneki goes back to anteiku after aogiri arc.

---

Kaneki heard the centipede crawling around in his ear and his eyes flew open. He found himself bound by shackles to a chair by his arms and legs. Rize and Yamori towered over him and holding all kinds of medical equipment in their hands. He screamed non stop as they pulled out his fingers and toes one by one, over and over as he regenerated.

His eyes shot open. Sweat beads rolled down his forehead and his body felt cold and numb. The nightmare still shook him even though it has always been the same one, he took a few minutes to be able to bring his hand up to check whether his fingers were still there. Yes, they were. Fingers intact with black fingernails. Glancing around, he was relieved that this was his room, not Yamori's playroom. The fact instantly relieved him. Pulling the blanket aside, he got off the bed and left his room.

As he walked down the hallway, he staggered along the way, legs feeling weak, still shaken from the horrible nightmare which haunted him for months. He finally reached his destination and turned the doorknob without knocking first. Entering the room, his eyes flickered to the clock. It's already late but Touka is still at her table, mugging for her tests and exams. "Touka-chan."

She turned to the voice. "Kaneki? Why are you not sleeping at this hour?"

He didn't reply and instead, stared at the floor. She knew something was wrong and stood up and walked to in front of him. Peering up at his face wanting to see his expression, she was shocked as his arms suddenly went around her upper body, pulling her in.

"Kaneki?"

No reply once again. Touka could feel his arms and body shake as she was pressed up against him. She wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned her head on his chest. Stupid nightmares. She hated how these nightmares that would always haunt him, scare him to the point he couldn't sleep at night. The fact that she couldn't make those nightmares go away made her feel so angry at herself.

Feeling tears stain her shirt, she waited for him to let her go and looked up at him. Tears were dripping down his cheeks and he sniffed. "I'm sorry for dirtying for your shirt."

She cupped his cheeks and smiled. "Hey, don't be sorry. It's okay."

He nodded. Frowning, she wants to do something to help him get rid of the fear so he can at least sleep tonight. Standing on her toes, she leaned against him and pressed her lips to his. Even his lips were quivering, she could tell. His arms slowly went around her waist and he kissed her back. She could feel his tears on her cheeks but she didn't care, only wanting to let her boyfriend forget about his nightmare even if it's only for tonight.

They released and she wiped away his tears with her thumbs. "Come on, let's go to bed. I can always study tomorrow. You're more important right now."

"Thank you, Touka-chan."

He said as she let her lead him to the bed. She laid down first before he followed and she pulled his head to her chest. She knows how being very close to her relaxes him. Running her hands through his white hair, she stroked his head gently. His arms went around her back and his hands clenched her shirt.

They laid there without saying anything to each other and soon, Kaneki was asleep in her arms. Contented, she kissed his forehead and looked at his sleeping face.

Ken, I'll be here by your side and I won't go anywhere. Sweet dreams.

---

So i don't remember if I have written something similar to this before but I just had this idea and really wanted to publish it.