Pacify

She knows. That her patience is growing thin and that she shouldn't get mad at him. She knows and yet she does it anyway.

For the umpteenth time of the day, Kaneki drops another cup.

"KANEKI!!!" Touka screams and glares at him.

The boy with the eyepatch kept apologizing as he picked up the shards while Touka watched.

"Will you pull it together?! Go upstairs now! I'll take care of the rest!" She shouted.

"S-Sorry." Kaneki apologized.

Touka was having a really bad day today. She just got back an "F" grade on her test, her teacher gave her a bunch of homework to do over the holidays, more cooking tests from Yoriko and to top it off, Kaneki is causing more work for her.

The boy sighed as he removed his apron and places it on his bed. He sits down. "I should really pull it together... I'll apologize to Touka-chan again when she finishes her work."

---

Touka finished with her shift and headed upstairs. She sits down on her bed after taking a cold, refreshing shower before a knock came in and disrupted her moment.

"What?"

"It's me, Kaneki."

"I don't feel like talking now, go away."

"B-But I just wanted to apologize for earlier..."

Touka felt her eyebrow twitch.

Kaneki opened her door and two pillows flew at him with Touka demanding he leave in which he did.

He sighed as he entered his room again. She's really angry today...

"Onii-chan?" Hinami knocked on the door. Kaneki opens and let her in.

"Is Onee-chan angry again?" Hinami asked.

"Yeah.. Really angry this time..." Kaneki sighed.

"I'm about to go out now, Onii-chan want to come with me? Let's go buy something for Onee-chan!"

-time skip to after coming back from mall-

Hinami giggled. "Onee-chan will be surprised!"

"Hopefully." Kaneki inhaled, exhaled.

---

"Onee-chan! Onee-chan!" Hinami shouted and banged on Touka's door repeatedly.

Touka slammed her door open. "What is it, Hinami?! Something happened?!" 

Hinami wiped her tears from her eyes. "Onii-chan Onii-chan is..."

Touka's heart skipped a beat. "What happened to him?!" She shook Hinami.

Hinami took Touka's hand and led her outside. On the floor were cards and each card had a letter. They followed and all the cards are summed up to the words "h-e-l-p-m-e." Furthermore, they were written with blood.

Touka was really worried something did happen to him. When they reached the end of the cards, they were in front of Kaneki's room. "Onee-chan, I'm scared." Hinami hid behind her big sister.

"It's alright, Hinami. I'll go in. You stay here." Touka gathered her courage and opened the door and closed it behind her.

---

"ARGH!" Kaneki groaned while holding his stomach, lying on the floor.

Touka quickly ran to him. "Kaneki who did this to you?!"

"Touka-chan..." Kaneki coughed out blood. It wasn't a little but a lot. She panicked. "You need meat!"

As she attempted to stand up, Kaneki grabbed her hand, pulling her down again.

"I-I'm fine. Don't make the rest of them worry. I-I just need rest."

Touka hesitated but when he had insisted that she stayed, she did. She let him lay his head on her lap until his wounds recovered.

Kaneki sat up with ease. "Touka-chan, thank you." He brought a bouquet of roses out from nowhere, saying, "I'm sorry."

"What the hell? Why?" Touka's mind was swirling with questions. Why would he give her a bouquet?

"I just wanted to say sorry for being so clumsy."

"Wha-but you were bleeding just a minute ago! What the hell?!"

Kaneki forced the bouquet into her hands. Touka looked down at it, blushing slightly as she took in the smell of the flowers and gazing at the rabbit toy in the middle of the bouquet.

"You bought this for me?"

"Mm."

"Thank you. It's the first time I'm receiving something like this from a guy." Touka blushed.

Kaneki attempted to hug her.

"Whoa none of that, go and take a shower first!" Touka pushed him away.

The door opened and Hinami jumped in. "Success!" She gave a thumbs up, with Kaneki returning one too.

"Wait what?" Touka asked.

"Hehe we planned this together. I told Onii-chan my idea and we went to a mall to buy the roses and cards." Hinami explained.

"What about the blood?" Touka asked again.

"That was real. I had to use my Kagune to stab myself from the back and bleed. It really hurts." Kaneki frowned as he placed his hand over his stomach, rubbing it.

Touka hit Kaneki's head. "ARGH. You guys! You really freaked me out there!"

Kaneki winced and rubbed the back of his head. "Why am I the only one who gets hit?"

"Hinami." Touka placed her hands on Hinami's shoulders and looked into her eyes. "Don't follow your Onii-chan's idea next time."

"Eh but-"

"But thanks I guess." She patted Hinami's head. "Go on outside I have stuff to do with this idiot." - Referring to Kaneki

Hinami blushed, understanding what Touka meant and left.

Touka grabbed Kaneki's arm, forcing him to stand up. The moment he did, she pushed him back until the back of his legs hit his bed; causing the both of them to fall onto the bed.

Touka placed both of her arms at both sides of his head and captured his lips before he could say a thing.
Soon after, he was kissing her back and hugging her tightly.

Touka pulled back and looked at him with a pained expression. "Don't scare me like that again, you got it?"

The thought of reminding Touka of her father and brother didn't occur to him. He hugged her and apologized softly, nuzzling into her neck.

---

Just had a thought of how Kaneki would pacify Touka if she was super angry~ if you liked this, comment? :D